Author Topic: Clipping again  (Read 2847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JaspersMum

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9982
Clipping again
« on: August 13, 2007, 12:06:57 AM »
Well I decided to have a go at clipping Jasper and bought some good clippers instead of the cheap ones I'd tried to date.

I had a chickens attempt at him before we went on holiday but this morning (just before we went to a show) I decided to tidy him up, and one thing led to another, and a pile of hair on the table and floor, and, well what do you think -
before

after



Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline spanielcrazy

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4446
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »
Excellent job!  :D

He looks very smart, you should be proud  :shades:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne


Offline ladylola

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5337
  • Gender: Female
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »
Wow, he looks great well done
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Tracy S

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 983
  • Gender: Female
  • louie-blue shoes
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »


He looks great Jenny, I've had a go with Louie but I'm not that happy with the way he looks although it suits him much better when out walking etc. ;)

What sort of clippers did you get?

Offline Boof

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5408
  • Gender: Female
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
Jasper looks lovely - there will be no stopping you now.  :shades:

Offline lolajays

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1619
  • Gender: Female
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »
Looks lovely! Cant wait to meet him well both of them! Hope to be up in Sept!!!! :005:
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline JaspersMum

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9982
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »


He looks great Jenny, I've had a go with Louie but I'm not that happy with the way he looks although it suits him much better when out walking etc. ;)

What sort of clippers did you get?

Moser Max45, coincidently a COL member was selling hers on ebay  ;)

Bought a couple of different heads to go with it and think I'm getting there now!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Michele

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8680
  • Gender: Female
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 03:00:08 PM »
He looks fab Jenny, you've done a great job.  :shades: :clapping:

Offline silke

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 836
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 06:06:06 PM »
Impressive, well done. :D When I think of the time I clipped (or tried to clip! :shades:) our first cocker... :005:

Offline Gilly

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5873
  • Gender: Female
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:10:15 AM »
Just been looking at the pics and I must say you have done a brilliant job!!! I started with Moser Rex clippers about £40 and they were a great intermediate clipper to start off with. You've trimmed him how I do Buttons, retaining nice feathering  ;)  :shades:
He looks really nice in your show picture.

Offline JaspersMum

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9982
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 07:48:48 AM »
Just need to tidy up a little, not quite straight line on both sides and need to tidy round top of tail and ears.

How can I stop the feathering under him from curling - Megs hair straighteners don't seem appropriate  :shades:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Gilly

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5873
  • Gender: Female
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:26 AM »
Probably not much to be honest unless you blow dry it from the otherside underneath, if that makes sense but then I would only do that if you were taking him to a wee show  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9982
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 05:54:53 PM »
Had another go and managed to stop before I scalped them - got the skirt to hang a bit straighter to I think by taking the line just a little lower

Solved the weight problem too - he's now 2kg lighter  ;)



and Louie got a tidy up


Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Victoria

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 722
  • Gender: Female
  • Beautiful Betsy
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
I think you have done a great job.  They both look gorgeous. 

Offline Michele

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8680
  • Gender: Female
Re: Clipping again
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
They both look fabulous Jenny, my only teeny weeny comment would be on Jasper's front feathering - I'd let it grow a bit at the back of his foot so you can trim it like you have Louie's, but otherwise, fantastic and good on you for having the courage to do it.