Author Topic: What Age to Start Clipping?  (Read 955 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Emma Hill

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 40
What Age to Start Clipping?
« on: August 18, 2007, 08:00:50 PM »
I would like my dog to be clipped when required - I have a groomer that I have used with another dog.
Want him to start getting used to it asap but not sure whether I should wait until his coat is fully grown.
He is 4 and a half months old and currently looks like a right scruffbag - not to mention the time it takes to dry after his daily walks.

Offline ladylola

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5337
  • Gender: Female
Re: What Age to Start Clipping?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »
Why not take him for a small tidy up to get him used to it. Just get his feet trimmed. I took Sasha to be clipped when she was six months old. I  Handstripped Ellie when she was about 10 months old and it looks a lot nicer.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline lolamum

  • Site Member
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: What Age to Start Clipping?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »
Do you wait until they are that age? when we picked our puppy up the breeder told me to bring her back in a couple of weeks and she would show me how to do it. she is only 8 weeks old and i have no idea about getting them clipped as our other dog does not need too. is it easy to do yourself? As long as puppy permits and will stand still long enough  >:D