Author Topic: passing blood  (Read 1120 times)

Offline YorkshirePudd

• Site Member
passing blood
« on: August 20, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »
As you may remember Milo (9wks) had the runs for quite a while, he's still soft but OK now and vet gave him the all clear Saturday (YIPPEE)  :lol:
Tonight however after his poo, he squatted again and passed a clear liquid with blood mixed in - not much - is this normal/nothing to panic too much abaout?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: passing blood
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:41:02 PM »
Don't worry too much - he may have just burst a small blood vessel with straining. However if he does continue to pass blood in his poo, then make an appt and take him back to the vet
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline YorkshirePudd

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:45:03 PM »
thank you x
what about the clear liquid - there was more of that than there was blood?

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:02 PM »
That is quite normal too if they have had a bout of diarrhoea - I know mine have all had it. Hope Milo feels better tomorrow
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline bonnie blue

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »
Hi Maisie had delicate tummy if she got anything she shouldn't have like piece of ham or bit of bread for birds she ended up on probiotic stuff from vets also alot of changes have occurred ~ different water is milo on same food as breeder gave him?i had to really watch Maisie the first couple of months have you wormed him we had quite alot of runny wotsit and blood after that ~you do really get to know your dog and their intolerences as you go along hope your little boy is ok  ;)
            Bonnie blue x
Owned by Molly and Poppy and never ever forgetting Maisie at the bridge x

Offline YorkshirePudd

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
Hi all! I have been around since I last posted but I cant log on at work and have had no chance at home, so have been a "guest" reader since what feels like forever. Milo - has been solid now for a whole week! It would appear that he had some issue with his rear bowel that no amount of meds could fix  >:( My poor poor carpets  :'( )
Fingers crossed it's cleared up - just wanted to let you guys know. Will be back in touch just as soon as the lap top is fixed! x