Author Topic: Grooming head and face  (Read 1120 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline silke

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 836
Grooming head and face
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
I'm struggling to groom Charlie's head and face. ::) I use the Coat King, thinning scissors and straight scissors on him, but can't seem to get to grips with his head and face.  :shades: The fur on top of his head gets really long and curly and he's got sideburns. :lol:

Any advice would be welcome!! :blink:

Offline wendy

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1017
    • http://www.luthame.net
Re: Grooming head and face
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
Would he allow you to strip the top of his head?

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net


Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline silke

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 836
Re: Grooming head and face
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »
Yes, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. :embarassed: I've put on rubber gloves and tried 'pulling' out little bits of fur. ph34r I'm worried about hurting him, though, and it doesn't seem to be working properly - I think I'm doing it wrong. :shades:

Silke

Offline wendy

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1017
    • http://www.luthame.net
Re: Grooming head and face
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02:28 AM »
Is there someone near to you who could show you how to handstrip???  If it's done correctly it will not hurt him as you are only pulling out the dead hair.

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net


Dogs leave paw prints on your heart