Author Topic: Hi!!!  (Read 2000 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline spannell_fan

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Hi!!!
« on: November 07, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Sam, just joined this forum, i'm 20 and in my first term at uni and desperately missing my three cockers :'( :'( :'( !!!

Anyone else been separated like this before it's really hard!

Sam

Offline candy

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:00:22 PM »
hello!
I've only been a member of this forum or 7 mins so haven't yet posted any pics/details- just thought I'd reply to you seeing that no-one else has!
You poor thing- still, at least you will see them in your hols. Are you far from home?!

Offline mary w

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 349
  • Gender: Female
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »
Hi Candy Hi Sam Hope you enjoy the site, I'm sure you will ;)
Love machine

Offline JenSam

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2358
  • Gender: Female
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »
Hi Sam,

Welcome to COL.  I have golden boy called..................Sam!!!   :005:

Hopefully we can be a temporary substitute for your 3 cockers!
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Elisa

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4793
  • Double Trouble
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline ruby ruby doo

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 383
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »
welcome to COL survived the separation  with my blue roan when i went to Uni..luckilly there are long holidays...have since settled had children...separated..and replaced ex OH with...oh yes ;)  you ve guessed it...a  chocolate cocker spaniel! :005:  it is even better now that she is really mine!!tell us about your 3 little friends at home!! :luv:
   love Jo and ruby doo!
jo & ruby =)

Offline Countrygirl

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 5653
  • Gender: Female
    • Countrygirl
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 08:43:34 PM »
I only joined COL a few days ago and your post brought back memories of when, in my youth, I left home to work in a hotel in Llandudno for a couple of years and had to leave my golden cocker, Dylan, at home.  I really missed him and went back home as often as I could and the greetings I got from him were wonderful.  Don't worry, they don't forget you.

Offline cdpops

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5636
  • Gender: Female
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »
Hello and welcome, just think of the cocker cuddles they are all saving up for your return, I can't help as I have never left Charlie for more then an overnight stop.

Offline Cath

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1977
  • Gender: Female
  • Breagh
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
Hi and welcome, sorry you are missing your cockers but it won't be long till the christmas break and you will get back to them.
All the best for your degree.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline jakesmum

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 432
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »
Hi - it must be awful

I don't even have a social life anymore as I can't bear being away from Jake for a few hours....so a whole term must be terrible.

But just think about what a great cocker wash you'll get when you get home


Welcome



Offline spannell_fan

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »

Thanks for all your warm welcomes, it's not too bad as i'm able to go home every couple of weeks for the weekend - the three hour drive is no barrier between cockers and master! - though ithink my parents are finding them a bit of a handful now they ar doing all the walking!

I have a 9 yr old orange roan boy (Bobby), a blue roan bitch (Sally) and her 3 yr old son, Manny - who was and reared and subsequently can be a bit stroppy!

I must be a very lucky student through as unbeleivably my lectures have so far involved meeting two cockers!!

Sam

Offline ruby ruby doo

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 383
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 10:05:48 PM »
a lovely big family!  :luv: am intrigued now go on tell us more!
jo & ruby =)

Offline spannell_fan

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:20 PM »

well I'm doing veterinary science and we have practical classes in dog handling, and getting used to palpating normal canine anatomy with the staff's dogs, which luckily includes cockers!

Sam

Offline ruby ruby doo

  • Site Member
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 383
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:55:23 PM »
thats excellent an exciting carreer choice :lol:  good that you can still grab some cocker cuddles...you ll have to chat to Nicola about it ...she is thinking of studying to be a vet!! 
jo & ruby =)

Offline spannell_fan

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Hi!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

Cool yeh will do. Going home on friday to see them all - they went to the hairdressers yesterday so they'll look a fair bit different!

Sam