Author Topic: Introducing Polly  (Read 1739 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline KateandPolly

  • Site Member
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
Introducing Polly
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »
Hi there,

I am new to this site but already finding it soooo informative.  I think its going to be quite addictive!

I have a 13 week old cocker spaniel named Polly. 

I have two daughters and a hubby and we've never owned a dog before but had thought about having one for quite a while.  I really have no idea why we chose a cocker spaniel but we have so made the right decision. 

We have had her for two weeks and she has settled in really well.  We haven't been able to take her out yet, she is having her second injection on Monday.  Do we have to wait the whole week after the 2nd injection before we can take her out? 

I feel I have learnt so much already from this site  :D

Kate x

Offline Jan/Billy

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5187
  • Gender: Female
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum  :D

Love the name Polly  :luv:



Do we have to wait the whole week after the 2nd injection before we can take her out? 



See what your vet says, they will probably tell you to wait a week ( or maybe even two weeks) but i know of some people who don't wait, they prefer to get their pup out and about being socialised, but i guess that's a risk you'd have to weigh up.

I was told to wait 2 weeks, but next time I'll probably only wait one week.

 :D



Offline Boof

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5408
  • Gender: Female
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »
Welcome to you and Polly.  :luv:

Offline JaspersMum

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9982
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »
Hi and welcome, we are owned by Jasper 2 yrs 3mth and Louie who is 16 months.

We were taking Louie out with us from the time he arrived but didn't put him down for walks until after his second jabs, don't think we waited too long as we thought that Jasper was going out for walks and since we don't disinfect their paws or body after every walk, taking Louie out was more important than risk. Everyone has their own thoughts  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline amanda9586

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1918
  • Gender: Female
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 12:55:55 PM »
Hello and welomce to you and Polly!

We have Poppy 21 weeks and currently flat out asleep after an exciting morning at Puppy class!

Bet you cant wait to get Polly out and about for walks.  We just took the advice the Vet gave us but we did carry her around a lot prior to that to get her used to the noises and going in the car etc. 

Amanda

Offline Claire83

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 943
  • Gender: Female
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL!

I'm owend by Roxy who is a 22 week old black CS.

It's so exciting taking them on their first walk...............but they grow so quickly. Poppy looks gorgeous :luv: , just like Roxy at that age. :luv:

 - Claire & Roxy - x
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6304
  • Gender: Female
  • Little Lionheart
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 02:02:50 PM »
Welcome!

I have a 5.5 month blue roan cocker called Dave who's my second cocker and a 2.5 yr old Weimaraner called Storm. I did take my current current pup out after about 3 days after his second jab on an 'educated risk' he was ok... but it's best to listen to your vet's advice. Nothing to stop you popping her in a rucksack though and going out for a walk that way.. which is also what I did before his jabs and after when he couldn't walk very far!

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline hollyd443

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4211
  • Gender: Female
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
Hi & Welcome!

Polly is so cute!  :luv:

I have Roxy, a 10wk old Working Cocker. She is having her 2nd Vac at 12wks, the vet said to wait a week after her 2nd vac. I can't wait to take her walkies!! She's getting very heavy to carry!!

- Holly -

Offline Kirsty H

  • Site Member
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »
Aaaah, she's so cute - welcome from Middy and I - she's a new girl too x

Offline GailyK81

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 527
  • Gender: Female
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »
Hi welcome, you are like us we have two children me and hubby and have had our first dog shadow 16weeks old for 8 weeks now.

I agree the information on here has ben invaluble.

More pics please

Gailxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Cath

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1977
  • Gender: Female
  • Breagh
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 06:54:54 PM »
Hi and welcome, Polly looks just lovely  :luv:

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Cazzie

  • Guest
Re: Introducing Polly
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 07:13:24 PM »
Hi there :blink:

Polly looks  :luv: Look forward to seeing more piccies of her  ;)