Author Topic: Would it be mad  (Read 4040 times)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
Re: Would it be mad
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »
Hope it goes well tonight.

I believe in fate, and what is meant to be will be.  You'll know once you have seen him ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline merrysmum

• Site Member
  • Merry has a hoard of stolen treasure in his bed!
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:47 PM »
Heaps of good luck tonight. I agree with the others that you'll know if he's right for you or not.

You are definitely not being disloyal. My mum recently lost one of her 2 gorgeous black lab boys. He was only 4 and his brother and my mum missed him terribly. Now she's just got a yellow lab girlie and, although she will never replace Bertie, she is helping them to smile again.

Go easy on youself - we never know what's round the corner and in the end the most important thing is happiness x
Emma and Merry the Pirate x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 08:24:40 PM »
Hope all went well with the meeting
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »
Just back from meeting Jet. He was a lovely boy. Taller and thinner than my Barney was and not nearly so hairy asmy wee teddy bear so you couldn't mistake him for Barney. My two sons, my daughter and my future son-in-law came too (husband was working). He was very excited to meet so many new people and smell the dogs of us but he was very well-behaved and good-natured about it. The family's eldest girl is 12 and heartbroken to be leaving him but I told her that I would email her photos if he came here and that she could come and see him when she was back.
I brought some photos of our dogs out in our garden which is an acre in size. I also brought a photo of Barney  :luv: :luv:
Ther little girl cheered up when she saw the space Jet would have to play in and the photos of his possible new friends. He is coming over tomorrow evening to stay for 24 hours to see how he gets on.
The other people are pressuring the family to give them Jet on Friday evening or they won't take him knowing that the family only have a few weeks left to find him a home. >:D
If things work out and he comes to us they can make the move gradually in their own time when he gets to know us.
I know Barney would have approved- he loved other dogs.
Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'll take some photos of him.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »
Just back from meeting Jet. He was a lovely boy. Taller and thinner than my Barney was and not nearly so hairy asmy wee teddy bear so you couldn't mistake him for Barney. My two sons, my daughter and my future son-in-law came too (husband was working). He was very excited to meet so many new people and smell the dogs of us but he was very well-behaved and good-natured about it. The family's eldest girl is 12 and heartbroken to be leaving him but I told her that I would email her photos if he came here and that she could come and see him when she was back.
I brought some photos of our dogs out in our garden which is an acre in size. I also brought a photo of Barney  :luv: :luv:
Ther little girl cheered up when she saw the space Jet would have to play in and the photos of his possible new friends. He is coming over tomorrow evening to stay for 24 hours to see how he gets on.
The other people are pressuring the family to give them Jet on Friday evening or they won't take him knowing that the family only have a few weeks left to find him a home. >:D
If things work out and he comes to us they can make the move gradually in their own time when he gets to know us.
I know Barney would have approved- he loved other dogs.
Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'll take some photos of him.

YEY!!!  :luv: :luv: :luv:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 08:52:02 PM »
This really looks as if it was meant to be for you and for Jet. I the other people are putting the family under so much pressure I know where I would want my dog to be.

Good luck

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
Glad it went well  :D sounds like he'll be moving in then  :D :D
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:29 PM »
Just uncrossed me fingers and fumbs long enough to type, glad it went so well, I think the peeps will be much happier for jet to come to you in a nice relaxed manner than the others who are trying to rush things. :luv: ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
I am so pleased things went well, it sounds to me like he has been sent to mend your broken hearts :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 09:03:53 PM »
Sounds like little Jet will be staying. :D

But, obviously your heart will guide you. :luv:

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
I am so pleased things went well, it sounds to me like he has been sent to mend your broken hearts :luv:

Totally agree - sometimes these things are meant to happen

Good luck - can't wait for the piccies

L x

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »
Me thinks Barney has been pulling a few strings  ;) :shades: :003:

Offline merry

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »
A match made in heaven  :angel:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
so pleased you sound happy , maybe barney is giving you a push in the right direction   :luv: sounds like  you were meant to be in each others lives  
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 09:51:11 PM »

I agree - sounds like it is meant to be!  :D  I am sure Barney would be happy you are taking on another cocker boy  :luv: :luv:
Julie and Watson