Author Topic: Sad news for Ruby - she's now blind  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Sad news for Ruby - she's now blind
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »
Penny, i think you are a wonderful mummy to Ruby (and all your others too) and a total inspiration.  :D  Its just wonderful to hear the improvement already with Ruby, bless her.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2009, 02:42:26 PM »
Just let her offlead a little on the park - huge playing field bit - and she loved it - I even managed to get her to go look for a ball I'd thrown (as long as I held on to meany Wilf of course who kept nicking it off her plus he kept rushing her like he always does which she was a bit unsure of)
Amazing how they bounce back  ;)

It's amazing how she's adapted so quickly!!!  :luv: :luv:

You're doing a fab job. It's so unfair to happen to the pair of you.  :luv: :luv:

Still a way to go really as she was weird over her food bowl later and couldn't find it even though she'd just had her nose in it - mind you her face must ache anyway and feel quite funny

Offline PennyB

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »
Oh poor, poor Ruby  :'(  :luv:

I think I may have to PM you Penny....... Tinker should be having the same op in Sept. We're 'opting' to have it done when she's spayed (it has to be done sometime & thought this the best way to avoid another GA) but after seeing the pics. of little Ruby I'm horrified to say the least   :o   (I shouldn't of looked  ph34r )  I don't know if I could cope?.....you must be so strong ( but I realise you didn't have any other option )

While it does look bad they do recover quite quickly and its as much as you can do to stop them hurting it further, which is why she wears a buster collar (its not a huge one though so she can eat and drink with it on if necessary but I do take it off to walk her and eat her normal food) - the worst bit is when they come out the vets as its then its quite a shock but you begin to get used to it + my vet practice are very good and have been very supportive. I only let her off as I knew she was very safe and wouldn't go hurtling off - i didn't do it after her 1st op but then she had sight in one eye so had some pleasure of sight there anyway.

Its important to make sure they do take their antibiotics - my vet told me of a dog who'd had an op like this and owner couldn't get him to take them and he got an infection that went right down his muzzle so he couldn't even eat
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:19 PM »
I agree Penny, the worst moment is the first time you see her after the op. Very soon, I didn't see Tia's missing eye, if you understand me... ::) I felt shocked, but have only had to go through it once - you've done it twice, and I'm sure the second time is much worse.............. :'(
Love to you all!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!