Author Topic: Why I dont want a puppy  (Read 3034 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Why I dont want a puppy
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:13 PM »
They keep you up at night
Toilet training
Hanging off your clothes
Mouthing
Bladders the size of peas
Carrying them around for weeks (I still bear the scars from *socialising* Brie)
Stupid walk restrictions
chewing
teething
Horrid teenage phase

Thought it would be nice to have a "we dont have a puppy thread" with all the horrid bits on it to remind us why we dont.

Feel free to post your reasons why puppys are  >:D

 

Offline cazza

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7245
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:30:41 PM »
 >:D  why couldn't you have posted this before I had paid for the poopie  :P

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2458
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
>:D  why couldn't you have posted this before I had paid for the poopie  :P

Im sure your pup will be an  :angel: :-*

Offline Carol09

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 524
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »
They take off with your pants and socks (Well Jay does!)
They look at you with "Sad eyes" everytime you eat, like they are starving (Well Jay does!)
They dig holes in your garden (Yes, Jay does this!)

Can probably think of more things but life wouldn't be the same without him, no that would be too peaceful! :luv: :005:

Offline Nicola

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16455
  • Gender: Female
  • FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »
Every time you put something down/take something off they pick it up... no wait, actually that one's quite cute ph34r :005:

They really are into everything, Caoimhe's a really good girl but when she has her moments she's like a whirlwind and nothing is safe from the prying puppy nose :lol2: :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x



http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline cazza

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7245
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
Every time you put something down/take something off they pick it up... no wait, actually that one's quite cute ph34r :005:

They really are into everything, Caoimhe's a really good girl but when she has her moments she's like a whirlwind and nothing is safe from the prying puppy nose :lol2: :luv:

NIC - stop it!!  Caoimhe's what 5 months old  :huh: what have I let myself in for  :005:

Offline *Theresa*

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4024
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »
If they are like Glen then all of your favourite clothes become their favourite playthings and subsequently turn into lots of little bits  >:(

Standing outside in the middle of the night leaping around like an eedgit because they went pee pee  ::)
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)


Offline Nicola

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16455
  • Gender: Female
  • FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 09:01:45 PM »
Every time you put something down/take something off they pick it up... no wait, actually that one's quite cute ph34r :005:

They really are into everything, Caoimhe's a really good girl but when she has her moments she's like a whirlwind and nothing is safe from the prying puppy nose :lol2: :luv:

NIC - stop it!!  Caoimhe's what 5 months old  :huh: what have I let myself in for  :005:

Six months now! :P :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x



http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Dondy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 33
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »
Here are a couple of my reasons for not having another  :angel: ....yet....lol
1.They spread your lovely border plants all over your lawn.
2.They swallow stone and get them stuck and stop breathing (Holly's trick last night), and then look at you with 'those' eyes when you've managed to get the stone out and have tears rolling down your face!


Offline JennyBee

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5915
  • Gender: Female
  • Princess Brodie
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 10:09:27 PM »
There's only one reason for me - mouthing! I could never go through that again (that's what I keep telling myself anyway :005:)

                              x In memory of Barney x

Offline stuffster

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1440
  • Luna
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
There's only one reason for me - mouthing! I could never go through that again (that's what I keep telling myself anyway :005:)

Oh me too! Thats why we got a rescue second time round. Id rather deal with years of rescue "issues" than 5 months of mouthing!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline allylou

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 305
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »
they steal your knickers,  run around the garden with them and then sit on the wall, (with the same said knickers still dangling from their mouth,)  whilst waiting patiently for the next door neighbour to come and pet them.  ph34r
Ally, Marley & Wilbur x

Offline Rats and Dogs

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6033
  • Gender: Female
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 11:40:54 PM »
There's only one reason for me - mouthing! I could never go through that again (that's what I keep telling myself anyway :005:)
When I worked in rescue I had whole litters mouthing me at once, there could be up to 30! :o  So, having just one little puppy constantly attached to my skin is a breeze! :lol2:

I am finding it quite difficult to walk across the floor though, I've developed leg drag! ::) :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge


Offline mum2milly

  • Inactive
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1241
  • Gender: Female
  • Jumbi Speed Queen, "Milly" xx
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 11:48:54 PM »
There's only one reason for me - mouthing! I could never go through that again (that's what I keep telling myself anyway :005:)
When I worked in rescue I had whole litters mouthing me at once, there could be up to 30! :o  So, having just one little puppy constantly attached to my skin is a breeze! :lol2:

I am finding it quite difficult to walk across the floor though, I've developed leg drag! ::) :005:

Oh yes.... those deadly little razor sharp baby teeth!!! ph34r

Offline SandraD

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1870
  • Gender: Female
Re: Why I dont want a puppy
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Definitely underwear thief in this house! ph34r  And the thought of having to go back to standing outside when all you really want to do is be in bed ...... can't believe it's only a few months back that we were having to do this!