Author Topic: Following Me Everywhere  (Read 5242 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jann

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3730
  • Gender: Female
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
 ::)  Flo follows me everywhere as well, but I don't see it as a problem at all   :-\




Offline padandmurph

  • Site Member
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 10:39:56 AM »
I've got two cockers. Paddy's hobby is sleeping so he will go and settle down but Murphy is my little black shadow. He follows me everywhere and he does the staring thing too.  I must admit I love it and I talk to them all the time (if the neighbours could hear they would think I'm mad!).

Murphy has a poorly leg at the moment and the only way I can get him to rest is to put him in his pen and me sit on the sofa next to it - house looks a right state 'cus I haven't been able to clean it (thats my excuse anyway!)

Suzie
x

Offline chrisj1957

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
  • Gender: Female
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
I have 2 cockers aged 5 month one follows me everywhere the other just chills out (I think he enjoys the peace on his own).I wondered if it was a cocker thing as well as this is the first time I have owned them.Both of them lie on my feet when I am cooking which does stress me out as I worry about hot food and the cooker but they seem to keep thier distance.

Offline bajoleth

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3688
  • Gender: Female
  • My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
Belle follows me everywhere ph34r I am assuming its just cos she is a puppy, but after reading the other posts, maybe not. I feel quite sorry for her in the evening when she is obviously tired as I tend not to sit still for very long, she will be fast asleep at my feet and no matter how carefully and quietly I try to slip out she follows me. She follows me to the toilet, watches me when I am in the bath and now even sleeps in our bedroom :005: I don't mind one bit though as she is gorgeous and I love her :luv: :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline joanne_v

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3554
  • Gender: Female
  • Team Edward
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »
If he's only doing it when you're both there then that's a different matter. If it's jealousy then whichever one of you he is least bonded to should build on the bond so he sees you both as equal. Or you could just shut him out if hes happy enough with that.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline pamela

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 501
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »
I just thought it was normal for a cocker to follow you everywhere  :005:,
 I still take a giant step away from the chair as I was so used to Ben lying under my legs, I've even done this in restaurants which looked a bit odd, I admit  :005:.
 I even miss the whining outside the bathroom door but I drew the line at having him in there with me!
Would he not settle down near you with a stuffed bone or a Kong to occupy him for a while?

Offline Annie's Mum

  • Donator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 855
  • Gender: Female
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 12:18:48 AM »
Gari followed me constantly no matter where I went, even if I just got up to switch on a lamp or something. He just wanted to be with me, so he would sit up against me on the couch and I'd have my arm round him until he fell asleep, but sometimes he would just jump down of his own accord and lie down, probably because he knew he could come back up and have all my attention if he wanted it, so he felt secure. :D

I loved it. :luv:


me too, I grew up with Cockers and just think it's the norm  ph34r Have Cavvy Maisie who doesn't do it at all...so I reckon a Cocker thing.....so wish I could go to toilet in peace  :005:
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline Helen

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 20025
  • Gender: Female
    • helen noakes jewellery
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »
is he a bit insecure around your OH? 

I have a 'follower' but it's not intrusive and I wouldn't want it any other way  :luv:
helen & jarvis x


Offline Mudmagnets

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8409
  • Gender: Female
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »
Mine follow me too, (think they are afraid of missing something  :005: ) doesn't worry me tho, at least I know what Katie is doing when I can see her  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22, and Minstrel 24/6/13 - 13/8/24 all now at the Bridge.

Offline sox

  • Site Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Female
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
is he a bit insecure around your OH? 

I have a 'follower' but it's not intrusive and I wouldn't want it any other way  :luv:

ermmmm no he is fine with oh! if im not around he is as good as gold, but as soon as I appear then the hip attachment appears  ;)

Offline PennyB

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13844
Re: Following Me Everywhere
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »
I have a 'follower' but it's not intrusive and I wouldn't want it any other way  :luv:

Mine are the same - not all the time and not always both together an dosmetimes accompanied by a cat that's following me around at theat moment (take your pick).

When I have fosters in I do try to stop them (fosters) from following me everywhere though as their clinginess can easily lead to SA
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!