Thanks guys - I don't get vets - already talking about castration in a fortnight - he's only 22 weeks and I have no idea if that's what we want to do yet - and if not, another op under aneasthetic - it's a licence to print money it sometimes seems! I'll keep an eye on it and hope it falls out on it's own x
Dont let them push you into having him castrated unless it is what you want , i think theres good and bad points to both sides of getting him done and not. Dennis is now nearly 8 months old and i still havnt decided on what i want to do , if i dont have any problems to suggest otherwise i will probably keep him entire. Hopefully his tooth will come out on its own
Don't be pushed into having him castrated, especially so young, when he's still developing. At my vet surgery they don't like to castrate until the dog has had time to mature physically, so at least 15 months old for a medium sized dog like a Cocker.
William was castrated at 15 months because he had an undescended testicle that needed to be removed. Otherwise I wouldn't have had him castrated. Apart from anything else it's made his coat really difficult to manage.
Before William I had 2 male Cockers at the same time, Josh and Sam. Josh was castrated when he developed prostate problems when he was about 8 and Sam was never castrated. They got on well with each other and were fine with other dogs and bitches.