Author Topic: lizzie and the frog  (Read 921 times)

Offline drika

lizzie and the frog
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:38:35 PM »
Yesterday afternoon, Lizzie proudly came in with a from dangling from her mouth.She paraded round the room, and no way was she going to let it go. I tried sausage,cheese,anything! No joy. Finally, she couldnt resist the sausage that lay tempting her on the floor, and she dropped the frog. It was unharmed, so I picked it up ready to put it back in the pond. I glanced at her and saw another pair of legs hanging out of her mouth! Obviously she had disturbed a courting couple.Before you could blink, the sausage and frog were swallowed! As you can imagine, the evening was eventful. Up came the frog (probably the sausage as well),little bits of skeleton scattered on the carpet. The night was a bit better. Only grass. Today, all is well. Appetite as normal, full of beans (not of frog) and rushing about as usual. The next time she catches one, I will leave well alone!! :lol2:

back

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
Re: lizzie and the frog
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
 :020:      :005:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline tritonx

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »
Too funny  :D (and poor froggie). Dogs really do seem to be one big maw. Everything seems to go in there.

Offline drika

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »
Ooh,forgot to say, the noises in her stomach all night were worse than my central heating pipes!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
As I was reading that I had a feeling you were going to say that the frog made a reappearance later in the evening :005:  Dogs, you gotta love them ph34r :lol2:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
ooooooooo yuck  Lizzie  :020:  ..................poor little froggie  :005:

(Figit our cat used to bring in frogs but didn't eat them.......she just used to deposit them on the bed during the night  :lol2: )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline maggieann

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:40:38 PM »
Eeeeeeew :020: And I'd bet he wanted to give you loads of kisses later. :005:
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:45:11 PM »
 :005: Maybe she's got a little french in her line and fancied a few frogs legs  ;)
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »
She must have been looking for a prince of her own  ;)

Offline Bounty

• Poppy, Maggie and Hamish all at rainbow bridge
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
she has obviously been watching Studio 5 about a chippy in the North serving frogs legs as the pice of fish has gone up so much.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Hamish - My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
 :020: :020: :020: :020:

That's some appetite, even my two mingers have drawn the line at frog. Dave carried a rotting dead one for a while about a year ago but eventually gave it up and made do with rolling in it instead.. but I'm sure live frogs produce some kind of horrid smelling substance when they're under attack to deter their assailant!!!!!

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline theshrew

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »
HA HA What is it with dogs and frogs etc  :lol2:

At my Mums they have a pond. Lots of frogs and toads in it. During the summer nights she has to keep a special eye out before the poodle goes outside as he picks them up.

I think its the toads that are the problem. When they are picked up they must give off a  poison or its on there skin. After 5 mins of picking one up his mouth is foaming like mad its like beaten egg white coming out lol and shaking his head like a loon. He never learns  :005:

Offline WAC

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
That story would be my worst nightmare come true!

I have a totally irrational and uncontrollable fear of frogs and toads; a phobia I've had since I was a child. I don't know what I'd do if I was in that situation; probably lock myself in the bathroom and stay there till my husband got home.  Luckily Barney is not very adept at catching things and, unlike my previous cocker, he doesn't eat slugs and snails and suchlike.

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »
Yuck  :020:

I can sympathise - Murphy done the same last year, I had visions of getting up in the morning and there would be a frog jumping about the hall.  (Which is silly I know)

Linz, Murphy & Maddi x