Author Topic: Am I worrying over nothing  (Read 534 times)

Offline Rockysmom

Am I worrying over nothing
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
Whilst I know we have had SOME warmer weather, I have noticed that Rocky is drinking quite a lot more than usual. Normally I have to change his water to give him a fresh drink but just lately he comes to tell me his bowl is empty - I have read up on diabetes but he is not weeing any more than normal and isn't having any accidents cos he can't hold himself. He is very healthy and lively but just drinking a lot - am I worrying needlessly?

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: Am I worrying over nothing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 07:32:19 AM »
I'm sure he's fine especially if he's still his usual self but to put you at ease you could make a vet appointment and take a urine sample with you just to give you the peace of mind you seek. I had to do this after I lost an old dog with kidney problems and then bought a new pup. Pup seemed ok but liked her sleep and wee'd a lot. A quick trip to the vets with a urine sample put me out of my misery. She was fine and I went home to enjoy her.

Don't forget diet of dried food will make them drink more anyway and if the weather is warmer it will probably make him drink even more.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.