Author Topic: Bit of a rant about Natural Instinct  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
Re: Bit of a rant about Natural Instinct
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
Tali is actually loving his complete turkey. He has one large meal in the evening and has his drops in it and the other two 'meals' are either live probiotic yoghurt with drops which he adores or drops on cooked chicken. He also has a couple of treats during the day so if he's happy with one meal a day, then I'm ok with that.

I had to make an order today as I have Tali's Xmas pressie of 18 jerky sticks outstanding which never arrived at Christmas. We'll see what the condition of the food is when it arrives. I've personally not had huge amounts of trouble with NI, the odd broken tray, no lids and a couple of spines defrosted but generally I've had good service.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
We had bad experience with city link just after xmas waiting for a t.v to be delivered.
We spent ages trying to get through to them,when we finally did,we were trold there were thousands of items back logged in their warehouses because of the snow.
We then googled citylink the reviews/testimonials about this company are shocking  :o

N.I should cancel their contract with citylink,it must be costing them a fortune in reimbursments and customers leaving  :-\
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
We had bad experience with city link just after xmas waiting for a t.v to be delivered.
We spent ages trying to get through to them,when we finally did,we were trold there were thousands of items back logged in their warehouses because of the snow.
We then googled citylink the reviews/testimonials about this company are shocking  :o

N.I should cancel their contract with citylink,it must be costing them a fortune in reimbursments and customers leaving  :-\

They have, new courier is up and running  :D

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
I think the new courier is Citylink ph34r

That's what I was told when I phoned and ordered 10kg recently. It was delivered the next day, undamaged and still properly frozen, but I'm pretty sure the Citylink man just left it on the doorstep and didn't ring the bell. I was in and Louis always barks if someone rings the bell or knocks the door and I didn't hear anything.

Offline Mel

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 07:54:25 AM »
My NI has just turned up. Will post any anomolies if there is any.

Free Cake!

Offline Mel

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »
Ok can only be honest here folks, all food solidly frozon, no chips or other damage to the pots. The courier on the label is Citylink, however before Christmas I have had NI stuff turn up in unmarked courier vans and the couriers speak precious little English. I know Lush had issues with many couriers so I think they are all much of a muchness.

Free Cake!

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:01 AM »
Well just had a call from NI - they've had series of complaints about the packaging once again. 

They may have run out of the new packaging and had to use the old trays (now used only for the shop).  The new packaging is meant to be shatterproof. 

However in all fairness they've agreed to re-credit the whole order (they did offer to send it out again, but I just don't have the space in my freezer), so am happier  :D

Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »
At least they are crediting your order so that is something.  It just seems to me that there is always one reason or another for things going wrong.  I was just looking back through my e mails and found this.

Hi Sheryl,

Many thanks for your email.

I am sorry that some of your order was broken in transit.  We have been aware of a problem with some of the trays breaking, as unfortunately the manufacturers sent us the wrong ones instead of the shatter-proof ones we had ordered.  The new trays have now just arrived, and hopefully this will resolve any problems in the future.

I will have a word with our packing crew to ensure the lids are also packed more securely.

That was last year.  You would think they would have everything running smoothly by now eh?
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »
Have to say the trays do look like the new ones (bet they're wishing they'd stuck to the pouches which I quite liked anyway).

Just as well that they've recredited - I got a quote from Darlings, minimum order is 20kg (too much for me to order at one time) and costs £90 inc delivery.  Given that I tend to order 10kg at a time (unless there is an offer on) which costs me £30 inc delivery it would work out rather expensive.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Mel

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »
When I typed pots I meant trays. I was half asleep  :005:

Yes I completely agree that the pouches were far better. "Bring back the pouches!" :005:

I've never had the promised lids and haven't, in all fairness had any broken trays since before Christmas. I too looked at Darlings but it's way beyond my budget at the moment, so will stick with NI. I'm hoping I'll get a car soon so will be able to go and fetch my own, which will be a day out for Tali and I.

Free Cake!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 01:00:16 PM »
Well I have made an executive decision to feed my own based on the Natural Raw Feeding recipe.....if it is good enough for all Bluegirl's other dogs then it is good enough for Lyla!  It isn't as if I don't have the time now ph34r
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
The new couriers are City Link. I never had any bother with the old one.

Pity about the trays. I have a cupboard full, maybe should send them back to them  :005:
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline R&R

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
Ive had two orders in the last couple of months and no problems. The courier is citylink.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 04:44:28 PM »
I preferred the pouches too as I could fit all 10kg in our small freezer no problem. However, NI told me that the pouches were becoming too expensive which is why they changed to the trays. Now I have got used to them it is easier to get the food out without getting it all over my hands (unlike the pouches)...
Paula & Freddie x