Author Topic: Buying a new PC  (Read 2456 times)

Offline RonnieDog

Re: Buying a new PC
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 10:12:14 AM »
Hi,

I've just been through the process of specing and buying a new PC and I'm currently awaiting delivery of my new purchase. I've just recently got a DSLR and wanted a decent computer to run Adobe Lightroom on and possibly Photoshop at a later date.

After a bit of research I decided that a system based on an Intel Sandy Bridge processor would be ideal and finally went for an i5 2500k as it's a nice compromise of power vs price and can be easily and safely overclocked to achieve greater performance.

Again after research and reading plenty of reviews I decide to get quotes from 3 companies, Dino PC, Chillblast and Scan. There wasn't a big difference in the prices they quoted but I eventually went for a system from Chillblast as they where the most helpful when assisting me spec a suitable machine.

I'd suggest setting yourself a budget and then speaking to a few firms discussing what you need the PC to do and get some suitable quotes.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Mark.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: Buying a new PC
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »
Have you tried www.scan.co.uk they supply all the parts to build your own PC or they come ready made. We bought a ready made one for our eldest with a great gaming spec and it cost less than £800 they also do a two year warranty on all the made up ones. Luckily for us scan is only up the road but it does a huge amount of internet sales too.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.