Author Topic: Trip to the vets me thinks??  (Read 827 times)

Offline mudge

Trip to the vets me thinks??
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »
Our wee Mac has a bad tum  :embarassed:..started thursday afternoon, was having a few accidents indoors but seemed to get better Saturday. Came down to lots of soft poop this morning and felt so sorry for him cos he's been so good with his toilet training. Seems ok in himself....eating,sleeping,drinking as normal....my guess is he has eaten something in the garden thats upset him.....I have caught him with the odd snail?? :dunno: So am taking him tonight just to be sure. Do you think it could be anything else :-\, would he become intolerant of his food :016:....just a little concerned!
    On a brighter note, he's been loving the walks!! :lol: Took him out over the weekend.....he loved it,,,so did we  :clapping:. Let him off the lead and he was such a good boy, responding well to his whistle....even made friends with a gorgeous Beddlington terrier...soooooo sweet!!

Offline poppy

• Donator
  • Betsy b 17/05/2011
Re: Trip to the vets me thinks??
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »
Don't be alarmed, it is probably a snail or a slug that he has picked up.  I've read similar messages, with the same story and the same conclusion that the puppy has eaten something in the garden and after a day or so they are back to their happy selves again.

Someone with more knowledge than myself should be able to explain in detail.

Hope Mac is going to be alright.
Lots of love ... Lizzie
Micka 17/03/1996-12/07/2011 Sleep my darling baby

Offline mudge

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 05:54:53 PM »
Thanks Lizzi, i'm sure he'll be fine, I too think its something he's eaten in the garden,,,he's like a wee hoover out there :blink:...will keep you posted.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »
Speak to your vet - its free - they may just suggest at the moment a light diet of fish/chicken and rice/potato particularly as your pup seems OK in himself. Take a look at pups gums as well to ensure they're not pale

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »
Could it be a plant in the garden? We have had this problem with Ruby about 3 times now. The first time it happened (when she was about 14 weeks) it got really bad. She had liquid poos and started passing blood. Our vet thought it was probably caused by a plant she had chewed. As we had Ivy growing in the garden, he/we thought this could be the cause so we removed the Ivy. Second and third times it happened she wasn't as  bad but still had awful runs. Although we have had dogs before, we have never had a "plant eater".......until now!
 >:D
So we looked at all the plants in our garden and found that a lot were poisonous to dogs. We don't really have a garden anymore :'( All we have left are 2 shrubs and a fern!!!)

Although our garden is small, it used to be quite nice. Maybe we'll replant it next year :lol2:
Lynn

Offline Dimples

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »
Mudge, try not to worry, if Mac is ok in himself then i cant imagine its anything to be concerned about.

As you may have seen on here, Robbie was very poorly with sickness etc for days.

He has only just started getting firm poos today - been since last Thursday. Took to vets last night and said the main thing is to keep them hydrated, so keep Mac drinking.

If Robbies poos hasnt hardened up by today then he would have to go on antibiotics so they may suggest that for mac if its been over 5 days.

Dont worry he will be ok. :luv:
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old