Cocker Specific Discussion > Health
interesting reading - vets on vaccines
<< < (2/7) > >>
Mel:
Thanks Helen ;-)
Annette:
It's pretty much what you have always said, isn't it, Helen.

Pity is we are at the mercy of boarding kennels and the like who just won't budge on their demand for annual vaccinations.
Helen:

--- Quote from: Annette on August 03, 2012, 12:57:10 PM ---Pity is we are at the mercy of boarding kennels and the like who just won't budge on their demand for annual vaccinations.

--- End quote ---

isn't it just  :'(

I also read something about some of the 'modern' diseases like Parvo this morning.  The person claimed that it was a disease 'concocted' in labs which I have also read elsewhere as well in the past.  Very scary if indeed that is the case.  I wish there was the money out there to really research and take on the big drug companies but that really is wishful thinking  :-\

hollyd443:

--- Quote from: Annette on August 03, 2012, 12:57:10 PM ---It's pretty much what you have always said, isn't it, Helen.

Pity is we are at the mercy of boarding kennels and the like who just won't budge on their demand for annual vaccinations.

--- End quote ---

Too true.

Me and OH were discussing it only yesterday as Mika is due hers. I'd let it lapse but then they insist on being done twice the next time.

When I worked at a vets we often had drugs reps in and all that was discussed was targets, targets, targets - never mind whether the actual animal needed them or not  >:( I realise they're a business but pushing uneccessary treatments is unethical.

Thanks for posting the link Helen I'll have a good read later when I get a few mins.
Sharon:
As you know we've just got Bumble, he was just 8 weeks when we got him and his breeder had the first vaccination done, her vet used Canigen vaccine.  I phoned 8 vets in Bristol, all who refused to do just the one injection, they all told me I had to do the full course again as they used Nobivac.  I told them I wasn't going to have him over vaccinated and contacted Virbac, this was their reply:-

Date: 03/08/2012 13:50:33
To: shirrmontana@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Fw: Vaccine query

Hi Sharon

Help is at hand!

I can hereby guarantee absolutely that Canigen dog vaccine is exactly the same as Nobivac - just a different label. If you have any trouble in this regard please ask your consulting vet to contact us at 01359 243243.

Best regards

Chris Taylor BVSc MRCVS
Technical Director, Virbac Limited
Tel: 01359 243 243
Fax: 01359 243 200
This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information contained therein is strictly prohibited unless otherwise stated. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone and then delete the e-mail. Virbac Limited takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted via e-mail: however you are strongly advised to undertake anti-virus checks prior to accessing any attachments.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version