Author Topic: What does fox poo actually smell like?!  (Read 22141 times)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: What does fox poo actually smell like?!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
You haven't lived until the fox poo experience  :005:
Struggling to think how to describe the smell....imagine really, really bad sewer's but concentrated ten fold :020:
I can vouch for it being the most disgusting, retching smell ever  :020: esp. when you have to drive the 'offending smell' home  ph34r :005:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
Hmmm, still didn't get round to the tomato ketchup treatment, but it's definitely not unbearable - just a vague ever-present muskiness (we went out for nearly 3 hours, so didn't have to put up with it all evening!). Will deal with it tomorrow. I think he must just have had the tiniest dip in whatever it was.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »
You haven't lived until the fox poo experience  :005:

I cried   :012: :012:

Had to cancel a special lunch in order to "de fox poo" Darwin

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
 :005: :005: One of our worst experiences of rolling in something undescribable was when Jayne with (Pearly) gave myself and the lovely Miss J, and Sarah/G and Mr Brodie a lift to a walk.  Miss J and Mr B had a great time having a good roll - Pearl just looked aghast at what they were doing!

Anyway all the windows were down on the way home :020: :020:

Pat

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »
Your description of the muskiness make me think it was stoat or weasel droppings although a bit pungent it does not compare to Fox poo
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
:005: :005: One of our worst experiences of rolling in something undescribable was when Jayne with (Pearly) gave myself and the lovely Miss J, and Sarah/G and Mr Brodie a lift to a walk.  Miss J and Mr B had a great time having a good roll - Pearl just looked aghast at what they were doing!

Pat

I remember it well - Mr B was almost green in colour and just as pungent......if I recall properly there was some sort of competition going on between the beautiful mud-magnet Jinley and Brodie to collect as many different 'types' of poo as possible.....last count was 5 each :shades:

Pearl does do her fair share of poo-surfing, I normally use tomato ketchup but did invest of some of the 'fox poo' shampoo.......which is not only faintly red in colour but also smells vaguely of tomatoes........ :005:

Offline Lovely

Woolfie
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
I think fox dirt smells like something decomposing, gone-off meat etc and strength of smell depends on it's vintage but i don't think you'd put up with it for long. Fox wee/scent marking is more musky and is the smell you get from a fox earth and it's near vicinity, where mr fox is marking his territory. I reckon your boy has rubbed against a fox marking tree or bush or stuck his head down a fox hole. I will stop now as my knowledge of fox faeces is scaring me!
Ali

Offline Lovely

Woolfie
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
Ps entire male dogs seem to prefer fox wee/scent marks, bitches and castrated dogs like the poos. Another useless fact. I will definitely stop now.
Ali

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:34 PM »

Pat

I remember it well - Mr B was almost green in colour and just as pungent......if I recall properly there was some sort of competition going on between the beautiful mud-magnet Jinley and Brodie to collect as many different 'types' of poo as possible.....last count was 5 each :shades:

Pearl does do her fair share of poo-surfing, I normally use tomato ketchup but did invest of some of the 'fox poo' shampoo.......which is not only faintly red in colour but also smells vaguely of tomatoes........ :005:

Mr Brodie smelt like a corpse rotting in the sun.....I'm sure he poo surfs to look good infront of the girls.... Grotty boy he is, Brodie gawd love him is just plain nasty  :005: :luv: xx
Sarah & Brodie.

www.whatthewoof.co.uk       "Now live"