Author Topic: Night time advice for a newbie please  (Read 3621 times)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
Re: Night time advice for a newbie please
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 07:48:46 PM »
Hi, Peanut is now 12 weeks old and sleeps in our bed or the crate in our bedroom, she takes herself off to bed around 10pm. Sometimes she’ll wake when we’re getting in bed and want to join us with Lilly our 10 year old cocker, as she can’t get on the bed she puts her paw up. The paw up is used for getting her down the stairs too, If I bend and say ‘up’ she jumps on my right shoulder, she taught me that trick!
We get a longer sleep if she sleeps in the crate and no risk of her having an accident on our bed so we’re Encouraging the crate for now. I won’t miss her toe nails that’s for sure!

Offline MrsFlintstone

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 04:20:17 PM »
Peanut sounds adorable! We are doing much better now, Bonny takes herself off to her bed when I go up and settles until around 5.30- 6am when she asks to go out. If I want a bit of a longer lie in I let her on the bed and she snuggles down for another hour or so. During the day she sleeps on the sofa.

House training has been great- until the torrential rain started a  couple of days ago, she's not too keen on rain so we had a couple of accidents  :005: now that the weather has picked up she's back to normal  :lol:

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 11:09:50 AM »
Sounds like it is all coming along very well  :D
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 03:43:06 AM »
We’re having the same rain related accidents, but we’ve not had torrential rain. Peanut jumps into puddles, shallow streams eagerly yet a mm of rain and she acts like she mustn’t get her Jimmy Choo’s damaged!

Bonny sounds amazing, she goes back to sleep in the morning and let’s you have another hour or so of sleep!?!  I need the training manual you’re using!  :lol2:

Offline MrsFlintstone

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 05:25:02 PM »
Haha! That manual is called 'Make it up as you go along and hope for the best' :005:. Unfortunately Bonny has no worries about her Jimmy's Choos, she loves rolling around in anything wet, she just won't pee in the rain unless I'm out with her holding an umbrella  like a lady in waiting for the Queen   :lol:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 07:00:37 PM »
Haha! That manual is called 'Make it up as you go along and hope for the best' :005:. Unfortunately Bonny has no worries about her Jimmy's Choos, she loves rolling around in anything wet, she just won't pee in the rain unless I'm out with her holding an umbrella  like a lady in waiting for the Queen   :lol:

:005: That made me laugh, we have the patio outside the back door under cover, then it’s grass. We have had a couple of down pours today and madam has said no way am I going out to pee on the grass   >:D

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2021, 01:13:54 AM »
I wanted to protect a light coloured large rug so I decided to hide kibble in it instead of buying/making one of those waffle mats. My thinking was that dogs don’t wee where they eat...... my thinking was wrong  >:D

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »
I wanted to protect a light coloured large rug so I decided to hide kibble in it instead of buying/making one of those waffle mats. My thinking was that dogs don’t wee where they eat...... my thinking was wrong  >:D

:shades: :005: :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----