Author Topic: natural instinct  (Read 444 times)

Offline fiona2

• Donator
natural instinct
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
hiya ive read the post about delivery but i was just wandering how people find there product in general would i need to add any multivitamins to this ? ive worked out that its not that much more expensive than buying my usual JWB and the did enjoy chicken wings the other day so defo thinking about making the switch

Offline SimonandMandy

Re: natural instinct
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
Delivery should now be sorted, they have changed couriers.  We do add a CSJ herbal supplement but only because Harv can tire quickly on big days out, it does have additives like salmon oil already in so you don't have to supplement.  We only get the Working Dogs which is the same as chicken but with Vitamin C added, it is cheaper than chicken as no VAT is added to this one.  Harv loves it so we are sticking with it

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
I would imagine you can add supplements if you want but if you don't want to it thats ok :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »
You shouldn't need to add anything unless you're aware that your dogs have a particular need. I've fed NI to mine for nearly a year now and they thrive on it. I'm a bit cautious when it comes to giving them bones because William managed to swallow quite a large lamb rib whole then threw it back up a couple of hours later :o. How he managed that without damaging himself I don't know. He and Louis are fine with chicken wings which they have once a week and I also give them chopped up raw heart once a week for a bit of variety.

Fingers crossed that the delivery problems NI had in December are now resolved. I'd always had next day delivery with no problems before then and their website says they've now changed couriers.

Edited to add (after reading Supergirl's post) Louis supplements his diet with dead birds and animals, most recently a crunchy pheasant wing :005:. William won't touch raw liver but he can be a bit of a fusspot.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
We have Natural Instinct with a bit of Yumega added at teatime and plaque off at breakfast.  They will also have a meal of chicken wings, sardines or mackeral & a raw egg each, or pork  or lamb ribs to substitute at least 3 meals.  I'll also be adding a bit of raw liver to occassional  NI meals.  We also have the working dog, however over Christmas we did try some of the other varieties and I did toy with the idea of buy the pure range and adding my own veg etc, but given the difference in price it hardly seems worth doing.

Its hard to know what mine like and dislike as they have never turned their nose up to anything - however when Roly had his first whole and uncracked egg he did give me a questioning look  :lol2:  They will all help themselves to apples off the trea in the garden, as well as berries off bushes when out for walks.  Lexi will down a whole mouse (that the cats have brought in) if she gets to it before I do  :020: Sometimes I think if they ever had to fend for themselves they would manage to cope  :shades:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline fiona2

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »
hmm thanks for that will now have to wait for payday