Author Topic: Replacement Battery Help  (Read 860 times)

Offline Ellie

• Site Member
Replacement Battery Help
« on: December 05, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »
My battery on my Asus Notebook laptop seems to be dying on me (I have to be plugged into the mains all the time) so I made the mistake of ordering a cheap Asus compatible battery for my A7U off the internet, from Hong Kong, for £38.00 + £10.00 shipping and to cut a long story short, my laptop says it doesn't recognise the replacement battery.  So I went on the Asus website to look at buying one of their batteries and they cost £115  :o  . 

Does anyone know if the compatible battery really is useless to me (complete waste of time and money  >:( ).  And does £115 sound right for a new battery?  I can't seem to find any answers on the net and am starting to bang my head against the wall with frustration  :005:  ph34r .

Offline Clover

• Site Member
  • Clover & Amy
Re: Replacement Battery Help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:25:27 PM »
I ordered (a couple of years ago) a Dell compatible battery, it didn't work, had to return it.  Luckily, it was UK based.  I'm looking at the moment to buy one for my Sony Vaio and will go for original this time.  I wasn't quite expecting it to be that much, probably around £80  :huh:  Depends on manufacturer I guess.  The old Dell is still running just on mains power though.  Sarah

Willow and Katie

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »
We fell into the trap of buying a cheaper battery of the internet as well, didn't work and no money back.  Plus the cost of buying an 'original' battery.  Very annoying.....

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »
My Dell laptop is only 13 months old and it has just started warning me that my battery is coming to the end of its usable life. I followed their links and a new battery costs £126.  :o