Off Topic > Photography

Photoshop

(1/2) > >>

blueroangirl:
Hi want to get to grips with using my camera more now I have more free time. I'd like to be able to play around with images too. Is there any free software people would recommend please? Many thanks.

MIN:
am interested in any replies. At the moment I make do with windows paint

Pop-Star:
This is exactly what I want to do too  :D

Did your camera come with a CD?  If so it should have software to manipulate photos.
By coincidence I loaded the CD that came with my new Nikon camera today  :shades:

Alternatively there is Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which should be on your PC.
If you right click your photo, and select 'open with', this option should be shown, select it and then click on 'edit pictures'.

Looking forward to seeing your photos  :D

JennyBee:
I have Photoshop Elements on the laptop, which unfortunately isn't free, but I've heard great things about GIMP, which is totally free:

http://www.gimp.org

I mostly edit photos on my iPad these days, there are so many great apps on iTunes.

Archie bean:
I don't know if it's still the case but quite a lot of computer  (and some photography) magazines used to come with free CDs attached. I got photoshop elements from one of them back in the days when I was a windows user. I founded it brilliant.  There were lots of other similar programmes on the same CD. Some of them were trial versions that you had to pay for eventually but you might find you could test drive them before paying for the full version. I bought photoshop elements for Mac when I changed but it's not nearly as user friendly as the basic editing tools that came with the computer so I never use it now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version