Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Really silly poop question...

(1/3) > >>

Katrina:
Hi all - as I've already admitted we are total novices! But this question will really highlight the fact  :lol2:

We use poo bags (obvs) when we're out & about. They're biodegradable ones, but still I dislike the waste of wrapping poop up
in plastic.

We've also been using poo bags for every #2 in our own garden. Does everyone do this?? Is there another environmentally friendly way to deal with it?? We're going through a LOT of bags & it dawned on me that there might be another way...

Any suggestions?? Or is it poo bags all the way??

vixen:
A long time ago when I had GSDs I had a dog poo bin installed in the garden.  It was in a large hole and just the lid was visible.  I didn’t find it helped vey much as it didn’t seem to break down the poo.
Technology has advanced since then and I thought maybe these were more efficient now.  I have seen similar things on Amazon but they have mixed reviews. 
For poos in the garden, I don’t use a poo bag every time as it seems so wasteful.    I tend to just use toilet paper and put it into a poo bag.  Several days worth of poo (given that some are done on walks) in just one bag.   :005:

Finvarra:
In the summer the poo dries out quite quickly and is less messy to pick up, so I collect it after a day or two and have a few days in a bag. In the winter leave it overnight and it is frozen solid in the morning, and again easier to collect. We are in Scotland though, and get frosty mornings! Plus our garden is large so a couple of poos lying around is no hassle. Might not be so pleasant in a smaller garden though. I use a poop scoop to pick up.

bizzylizzy:

--- Quote from: Finvarra on October 03, 2021, 04:28:04 PM ---In the summer the poo dries out quite quickly and is less messy to pick up, so I collect it after a day or two and have a few days in a bag. In the winter leave it overnight and it is frozen solid in the morning, and again easier to collect. We are in Scotland though, and get frosty mornings! Plus our garden is large so a couple of poos lying around is no hassle. Might not be so pleasant in a smaller garden though. I use a poop scoop to pick up.

--- End quote ---

Thats exactly what we do! 😉

Katrina:
Thanks vixen! Great idea.... several poops in one bag! That I can do!!

Maybe in years to come I can leave the poop outside for a bit. But between a football playing little boy in the back garden and a puppy that likes to eat his poop  :embarassed:  I'm the fastest poop patroller around!!!  :lol2: :lol2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version