Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

A playpen for every occasion! New puppy owner Q

<< < (2/2)

sophie.ivy:
Thank you Katrina!! That’s great to know you’re doing the same thing with the indoor pen and Oscar is doing well  :D they seem to settle really nicely in the pen, so I think it’s just me overthinking it!

It sounds like you’re doing all the right things with puppy proofing the garden - Ivy loves to hide under the bushes when she has something she’s not meant to so cutting them back so you can see the base is a great idea!! We used nematodes for the slug issue as it’s a natural and pet friendly way to get rid of them, haven’t seen one since we spread it! Doesn’t work on snails though is the only thing!

Definitely going to use the frozen carrots Cazza, she loves crunching on carrots and didn’t think to freeze them for a hard chew! She does have a yak cheese chew and loves it, but it sends her a bit hyper, but then again everything does so…! I didn’t know about puffing it up in the microwave, that’s like a double treat  :D

Katrina:
Yak sounds interesting Cazza...

How long does a yak stick last?? Oscar has been demolishing braided lamb in minutes... I've given him a goats ear to chew tonight but honestly - body parts as chews makes me feel a bit queasy! Lol .. I'm such a wimp!!!

cazza:

--- Quote from: Katrina on October 11, 2021, 06:56:19 PM ---Yak sounds interesting Cazza...

How long does a yak stick last?? Oscar has been demolishing braided lamb in minutes... I've given him a goats ear to chew tonight but honestly - body parts as chews makes me feel a bit queasy! Lol .. I'm such a wimp!!!

--- End quote ---

Depends on the dog, I have the medium size - I had to hold it the first time for her to chew on - think it took her nearly a day to chew until I removed it and microwaved it

But the one she has at the moment has lasted a couple of weeks- she carries it around with her more than chew it at the moment   :005:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version