Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

puppy eating slugs

<< < (2/2)

Mudmagnets:
That's reassured me Mudmagnet about the winter months being slug-free, she's good in the garden now but walks will be another story (only 7 days to go until her freedom day!)

We need some really hard frosts, me thinks. Maybe worth keeping him on a lead whilst out for a walk, then you will have the opportunity to teach a 'leave' if you think he is likely to be too interested in the flora and fauna (and indeed anything else that is delicious to them - but not us)

dave w:
the other thing is I'm assuming if i have to take him back to get weighed before they will give me another advocate they will charge a consultation fee plus the cost of the advocate which make it pretty expensive for one treatment ,i did think of asking for a prescription but have a feeling they will only give me one for a month.

vixen:
Most vets will weigh dogs for free (usually done by a nurse).  If it were me, I would mention your previous consultation and ask the nurse if you can have the next prescription according to his weight  ;). I don’t see why you should have to pay for another vets consultation.

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: vixen on October 12, 2021, 08:57:16 PM ---Most vets will weigh dogs for free (usually done by a nurse).  If it were me, I would mention your previous consultation and ask the nurse if you can have the next prescription according to his weight  ;). I don’t see why you should have to pay for another vets consultation.

--- End quote ---

Quite agree, just a money spinner as far as I can see  >:(

Just wondered have you got another vets in your local area? what with worming, injections and so forth maybe the thought of them losing your valuable custom may make a difference to their attitude. (it worked for me  ;)

dave w:
yes i do have another vets close by , i think i will call them and ask about the charges

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version