Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Puppy pulling on lead

<< < (5/5)

cazza:

--- Quote from: sophie.ivy on May 12, 2022, 09:23:31 AM ---My girl has just gone into season and it doesn't seem fair to keep heeling her on a slip for the next 3 weeks so I've bought her a perfect fit harness. I'll give the front attachment a go as you recommend Stiilez and see how we get on.

I've been having a bit of a dilemma over whether to walk her or not as not fair on the local intact males, but I think one short walk a day at quiet times might be ok as long as she's never off lead and I pick her up if a male does approach so they don't get a chance to get a good sniff of her. She's already winding up our neighbour's lab who was whining at her through the (secure!) fence, poor thing!

--- End quote ---

When Ash came into season I walked her once a day and let her off lead but this was up a country lane and no other dogs / houses around

I also made sure I drove from the house so as not to leave a scent trail back to the house

Ash then had her spay and I put her on a harness and flexi lead so she could have a bit of freedom for the 2 weeks she wasn’t allowed off lead

Boy we had to go back to basics with lead walking when I put her back on the slip lead and 2 weeks now with being intense any time she is on lead (not letting my mind wander to anything else but concentrating on Ash) we have seen a vast improvement - but still a nightmare when she sees her best buddy so having to work on heel work with my friend and her dog now - thankfully the friend is fab and doesn’t mind the slow stop start walk to the fields

Best of luck with the season 🥰

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version