Author Topic: Strange Pup Behaviour  (Read 1432 times)

Offline JohnMcL

• Donator
Strange Pup Behaviour
« on: February 18, 2022, 04:38:53 PM »
Hi everyone,
I’m looking after a friend’s pup as she has some health issues, she’s called Elsa and is a 6 month old show cocker. My friends show dogs and have indoor kennels, their dogs have lovely temperaments but aren’t brought up in a home.
Elsa has been with us for 3 weeks and wasn’t toilet trained at all, we’re getting there slowly. I suspect she’s had ring craft lessons as she doesn’t sit but is very good on a slip collar.
Where I’m concerned about her is that she just wants cuddling all the time, she doesn’t want to go out walking and frequently just stops dead still resulting in me having to carry her home.
She’s like an 8 week old pup being that everything is new to her but without the crocodile teeth and her behaviour is impeccable. Her hearing and sight is good but she’s not like a puppy or even a dog. She’s a bit like a teddy!
She isn’t nervous, she’s not interested in playing. My 12 month old Peanut has given up trying to play with her. She eats well.
I took her to my vet who was amazed at how calm she is and said she was medically fine.

I’ve just untangled a few small mats from underneath her front legs and it took about an hour, she went to sleep whilst I was doing it. I am lucky to get 60 seconds of Peanut staying still for any kind of grooming!

Her tail is wagging all the time and she looks happy.

I suppose I’m asking if some cocker pups are like this as this isn’t my experience at all.

Thanks.

John.