Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Crate danger

<< < (2/2)

sophie.ivy:
That sounds like a scary experience! These pups can be little rascals with chewing and swallowing. It's a miracle my girl made it out of her puppyhood without an expensive surgery (just one emergency trip to the vets on Christmas day to induce vomiting after she wrapped a rope toy up like a danish and swallowed it whole).

If you're looking at buying a different crate, eBay is great for barely used crates for a bargain price if you don't mind collecting. 

vixen:
Accidents can still occur even in metal crates.
Maisie has always slept in a crate at night and when she is left home alone.  One day when she was about four months old, I had just put her in prior to leaving when i heard a horrendous scream.  Somehow she had managed to get her teeth and muzzle trapped between the bars of the crate and she couldn’t get them out and was panicking.  It was a scary few minutes whilst she and I were struggling but eventually she was able to free herself. My boy Ned loves jumping on the top of his crate but I have to put a piece of vetbed over the top just to prevent  his legs getting caught between the wires.
As to the travel crate, I personally feel as bizzylizzy does, a dog should not be able to remove a plastic lug regardless of how long it is in there. It simply is not safe and the manufacturers need to be made aware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version