Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

how many meals?

(1/3) > >>

Jen:
don'y know about you lot - but I find the "how much" guide on the back of dog food packets/tins rather confusing - (probably cos I'm blonde!) BUT - Monts is currently on 2 meals a day - half tin of puppy chum/mixer at each meal.  My question is this......when will he be on 1 meal aday and whilst you're in the mood to answer my stoooopid questions - when is a puppy NOT a puppy?  Monty doesn't have small bite mixer as he likes to crunch the adult size...but what about food?
Thank you guys ;D                    

Anonymous:
Jessies 6 months Montys around that age isn't he?   well shes on 2 meals a day and moe if she shoves poppy away from hers  ::)  but the guides on the packets I have found to be unreliable.  I was told to keep her on puppy food until shes 1 and then she can go up to adult, although poppys on he puppy aswell cos its suitable for toy dogs..and shes well...TINY... she loves it anyways..  ;D                    

Mary:
I'm happier taking advice from the experienced people on here rather that the packets. ;)

Lottie is nearly 5 months and on 3 meals which I was wondering when to reduce to 2. ???  She will be horrified :o

Don't think I'd want to get it down to one meal really, it would be OK to have the equivalent of 1 meal in 2 wouldn't it? ???                    

Anonymous:
jessies appetite is great at moment since the new food and I think she would hate to be made to eat one meal, she looks forward to her second meal I am sure of it  ;D so i she can stay on two meals I think thats what I;'d like to do                    

Jo W:
I've always fed Billy twice a day because he's big and it avoids gastric torsion but only started doing so with Amber in the last six months or so.  I've found it easier to control her weight and she's more settled during the day, I suppose because dogs tend to sleep after exercise and on a full tummy??                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version