Cocker Specific Discussion > Genetics & Breeding

Breeding for Colour

<< < (2/2)

jakieboy:
ooo just got on and found a thread about my finlay  ;D

Ebbie is solid black (with a few white hairs on chin and chest), she comes from a long line of gold dogs, a couple of black/tan and one black (her mum) - and i always knew that solids come from solids - so you always breed a solid to a solid.  A solid to particolour breeding isn't usual practice.  

When we took ebbie to the breeder of the sire, we actually wanted/hoped for black/tan puppies, she did have a slip mating with a gorgeous black/tan, but when we took her back 2 days later - she would not let him near her, we took the advice of the breeder, and tried a gold - still no joy, the only dog she would let near her was an orange and white, hence the pups.  I have registered them as golds but as jane saw pics of them when they were born - she advised me so to speak.

Ebbie was 2 and a half when we took her, on her thrid season, the best time according to loads of breeders for her first litter.  So we went ahead even though we knew we might not end up with solids.  I'm probably going to try again in 2 yrs and hopefully this time she will like the black/tan sire - fingers crossed anyways.

Nikki xx                    

Christine:
Right I'm the first!!!!!!!!  Nikki, put my name down for one of the pups!!!!!!!!!  I want first pick ;D

If they come out looking anything like Finn, then I'm having one  ;D  That shoud be about the right time for us as well, Jasper will be old enough to take it ;D ;D ;D                    

jakieboy:
;D  I will u put u at the top of my list lol

Finn is gorgeous even if i do say so myself and even if he isn't good enough to show - he is sooooo laid back as well - dunno how i'm gonna train him - as soon as i get down to do anything - he falls asleep on me.  Oh well - i'm sure i'll get there in the end                    

ETavernor:
Can I be second on the list please?!

Emma                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version