Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Reducing Meals

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mary:
Firstly Emma, no I am not a teacher :) but I have children and so life slots in around their school hours ::)

I have been reducing her lunch time meal......she has more in the morning and later.  It's just getting rid of it completely that's the problem ::)

Gilly....I think I'd like a happy medium as Lottie is the worlds biggest gannet (she is actually sat by me now wimpering, she knows it's gone 4pm :o ::)).  I have to watch her so carefully when we are out for a walk.....small bones and chewing gum being the biggest problem (she can sniff anything out) >:(                    

*Jay*:
I suppose ina  way Vegas still has his 3 meals. I take about a third of the portion from breakfast and tea and he gets that in a buster cube at dinner time. The reason I had to do this was because he associates me going to work with getting his buster cube so he is quite happy to be left alone. Didn't want to risk cutting it out in case boredom got the better of him ::)                    

Inca:
Inca is not a big eater at all. In fact this week he has reduced himself to two meals a day plus his afternoon cornflakes ( no way will he give these up ;D ). we can put his meal out for him, but if he isn't hungry he just ignores it till later.                    

Anonymous:
well Jessie will not eat her bowl of food lately but insead rather go and steal poppys food and then go back to hers later...  no you dont  you little lard bucket  ;D  honestly she will be the size of a horse if she carries on... dread to think what she weighs if she was 10kg at 5 months, all the other cockers seem to look smaller  :-                    

Christine:
I think we are quite lucky, Jasper eats twice a day and thats all he will eat, sometimes when we get home from work he still has some of his food left over from breakfast!  He seems to only want to eat when we are there, the same as our cat.  Maybe he has seen her eat when we are home and has picked up on it.

Lately Jasper has been sneaking into the kitchen and eating the cats biscuits and then his later too ::)  I hope that cat busicuits are not much different to puppy biscuits.

Mary I think the usual answer applies "perseverance"  Lottie will get there in the end.  Give her a big kiss from Jasper :-*                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version