Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Bitch or Dog as a family pet?

(1/3) > >>

T:
We're undecided on a bitch or a dog as our new member to the family, that being just 2 adults, but plenty of friends with other dogs (bitch&dog) and children, is there anything anyone can suggest/recommend ?
Thanks in advance.                    

daftcockers:
I'm a dog person myself, having 3 dogs speaks for itself. I find them so loyal friendly and cheeky.                    

Pammy:
For Cockers there's not much to choose between them in temperament and size, activity levels etc.  However, if you think you may have another in the future though - then two bitches can be difficult, more so than two dogs. You could always have a mixed pair but then one would need to be neutered unless you had other ways of keeping them apart when the girl had her season. If you know you are going to stick at one then you don't have to worry about that.

I have boys but have grown up with bitches and my friends have bitches too. It is each to their own.

hth                    

T:
We're swaying towards a dog now, for no real reason as your comments have raised no concerns!
We've seen a few adult Cocker Spaniels now of both sexes and find the dog's more "fun & frolics" and the bitches more subdued, but both as loving as friendly as we want!
Thx again guys!  :)                    

Anonymous:
rotf @ bitches being subdued...oh help me please!...

Jessie is nto subdued in any way shape or form, tell her to be...pleeeeeeease  ;D                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version