Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Puppy books worth buying

(1/2) > >>

crosby:
I remember seeing a book recommended on here for prospective owners but now I want to buy one can I find it? Can anyone recommend a good book so I can start doing some homework?

Many thanks,

Crosby and Blue                    

Gilly:
Hi Crosby,

"The Perfect Puppy" by Gwen Bailey seems to be the best and thorough book I have read and is usually recommended by most members on COL.
I'm sure if you buy on Amazon via COL the site gets a contribution....follow this link
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic . php?t=1320
Gilly                    

Pammy:
For prospective Cocker owners I also recommend Frank Kane's Pet Owners Guide to the Cocker Spaniel. Don't be put off by the Pet Owners bit, it's very good book for all Cocker owners and gives lots of useful info'n on living with your fluff ball from start to end. There's one on ebay at the mo!! I think you can also get it from Amazon but you can get it from many good book shops. Got mine from a high street one - can't remember which though :-                    

stueymac:
Frank Kane's book can indeed be bought through Amazon.
Click the link below:

Pet Owner's Guide to the Cocker Spaniel

Buying through Cockersonline helps support our site. :)                    

cbabe:
I've got a word document which i issue to every new owner of our pups. It is not rule of thumb but has some usefull tips. I have been told it is really good. It is just really how we raise our girls.

I can send you a copy.

You should not use this as your only rule book but combine it with the books above and as much advise as you can get!

Makesure you have done your homework!

Clare                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version