Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Trimming Feet- Pet & Show Style

(1/3) > >>

Michele:
I have been asked by another member if I could post some pics of feet, so I have done a before & after. This is how I trim 'pet' feet, short & tidy but not like starfish  :)
Hope it helps anyway ;D

THIS IS BEFORE

Michele:
and this is after.
I know it looks like he has long black nails but this is his colouring and I didn't want to fiddle with the photo, if you look at the before pic again you can see he has two black streaks on his foot  ;D   

*Jay*:
Erm, Dallas's foot looks like picture no 1 and thats AFTER being groomed :-[ :'(

Guess its back to the drawing board ::)                    

Allison:
are the feet cut with thinning scissors ot normal? I hope normal as that ia what i used on Sally ???                    

Mary:

--- Quote from: Gill on October 22, 2003, 06:31:58 PM ---Erm, Dallas's foot looks like picture no 1 and thats AFTER being groomed :-[ :'(

Guess its back to the drawing board ::)

--- End quote ---

;D ;D

It seems every time I cut Lotties they end up shorter than before and I'm now getting to the stage where they look like this most of the time now ;)  I think it's difficult for us novices at first because it looks quite brutal initially so we ease off slightly (well, I did ;D).  I now trim Lotties every week and find I focus in on other dogs paws ::)  Ended up trimming my sisters two dogs the other week as I couldn't stand watching them plod round with all this fur on their feet :-[

I use normal scissors at the moment...would like to know if this is correct too???                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version