Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

Trimming Feet- Pet & Show Style

<< < (3/3)

*Jay*:

--- Quote ---Gill - you simply need to be more daring
--- End quote ---

Well, what do you know - I woke up in a daring kinda mood today ;) so will give it a go later on(once I've tried to fix my disasterous attempt at doing Vegas's cheeks ::)).                    

*Jay*:
Ok, I've had a wee shot and I would just like to check my progress before I go any further :-[  I've cut back to the tips of the nails and think I've cut as much as I can(though I did say that last time ::)). Should I remove hair from the top of his foot cos its just looking nothing like Dexters ??? I know I haven't got the overall shape of the paw right but hoping that will come with practice :- (this is where you all go "of course it will Gill" ;D)     

Michele:
Looking good Gill :D perhaps this pic of Otis's foot will help you a bit better as I know you are wanting to achieve more of a 'show' foot.
Handy hint.....remember the breed standard says "cat like feet" and if you clench your fist and place your knuckles on the surface.....that is something like what you should try to achieve.
Hopefully the pic will show what I mean ::)
Note also that for show dogs you don't trim as much of hair away at the back of the foot  ;)     

*Jay*:
Call me daft but its got a lot clearer having a picture of a black foot to refer to :P I'll do the other 3 tomorrow and he can have a matching set ;D                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version