Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

James wellbeloved or burns?

(1/3) > >>

Lindaphills:
Hi all,
Have now decided after much deliberation to change Jess onto one of the above.  Ever since I had her shes had quite sloppy poos and also passes mucus a bit but no blood.  I can buy JWB at my local pet world down the road but not sure where I would buy burns although I know I could order it online.
I know this is an age old question and you all probably get fed up with the feeding question but they both seem very good quality foods and really not sure which to go for.  I notice Burns is lower in protein than JWB.  From what I read she's not supposed to have slimy mucousy poo.  
This poo issue is really freaking me out.  I just live for the day when she has a normal formed poo!!!!!!!!
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.  Decided not to go for the autarky as thought a higher quality more expensive product must have better ingredients
What does anyone out there think?
Linda                    

Anonymous:
Hi Lindy

It is a bit of a minefield trying to chose the right food, there is so much choice these days ::)  The foods you have mentioned are all of equally high quality, even the Autarky although its cheaper, its ingredients have not been compromised, I am told the reason it is cheaper then the others is because its VAT free ;D  It's really something only you can decide, I have used both the JWB and now the Autarky and I only changed because Indie wouldn't eat the JWB not because of the price, although every little helps ;)

I am no expert on dog foods, basically it comes down to whats best for your dog :)  Although I do think your on the right track with the ones you are considering ;D  Have you tried getting the little sample packs from the pet store? These are FREE and it lets you see your dogs reaction to the food before you commit yourself into buying a large bag :)

Hope this helps you :)

Emma and Indie                    

Gilly:
Hi Lindy,

I would recommend JWB. It is a quality complete dog food, well priced and readily available from most pet stores and it comes in a variety of flavours  :)
Have you tried the natural yoghurt on your puppy to settle her tummy. To be honest when I got my puppy she had been weaned on Supadog Puppy and raw mince  :-X From the day i brought her home she had VERY runny poo....it was a case of hosing not scooping  :-X so it might well be that the food she is on just doesn't agree with her. Make sure she has plenty of clean water available so she doesn't get dehydrated. When you change over the food just a little a day of the JWB gradually increasing it so by the end of a week she is entirely on the JWB.

Good Luck

Gilly                    

Lindaphills:
Hi Emma,
yes there is so much choice really dont know what to do for the best.  Did indie have runny poos on JWB?  

I think whatever I decide I've got to stick with it.  I probably sound really paranoid, suppose sometimes the more you read, the more confused you become eh?  Have sent off for a free sample of the burns but the trouble is then in order to keep trying different foods you're going to upset the pups tum cos its not a good thing to be doing is it?

Have made  a decision!!!   Halleluia, will buy JWB tomorrow and keep her on it for at least a month so I can gauge the result properly.
Doesn't help that I'm the most indecisive person in the world to start off with!*!*!*

Thanks for replying Emma,  sorry to go on but only want to do whats best
Linda                    

Lindaphills:
Thaks Gilly,
Will do as advised. JWB it is then.  yes, I have tried the yoghurt but only today and poo still sloppy and runny.

Will keep you posted on the outcome......   hopefully solid and formed ha ha ha
TTFN
Linda xx                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version