Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

What's In A Name?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Michelle_S:
I think that Bo is a great name ;D - we had the most terrible trouble naming Harry - involving 'names in a hat' and a very complicated veto proceedure ::)
Someone told me that it is always a good idea to pick a name with two syllables as it is much easier to shout aloud in a windy park/field etc - though it was by chance that we ended up with one ;)                    

Dessie:
Well for two of my Boys I had their names before I had them - Sebastian (after the cute little Lobster character in The Little Mermaid) and Douglas (after the Lurpak Man).  My otherhalf choose Bart's name I thought it was better than Cartmen or Homer.

I like human names for my boys  ;D  ;D                    

*Jay*:
I had my names picked before the litters were born too......I just can't help myself ;D I've also got the name picked for my next one and she isn't even a twinkle in her daddy's eye yet ;) I think its the most fun part in getting a new puppy. I would probably steer clear of Bo as well - a dog at my training class is called Bo and the owner says it never occurred to her at the time that it would clash with 'no'. I would get a few more back-up names just in case ;)                    

Katina:
Little out off the topic (sorry), but when my Ada was a pup she responded better to "einoperkele" ( finnish, means something like no-nowthen-sh*t) than her own name  ::). I am sure she though for a while that this was her real name. Ada was a very active and naughty puppy  ;D.                    

Shell:
Hey Phil,

We went through a lot of names before we settled on Bailey and that was only when we had picked him out of the litter.  If we were going to get a little golden girl we were all set to call her Ruby.

I agree with the others about the confusion if the name sounds like a command.

My tip is to pick out a few names that you could handle shouting out loudly without being embarresed if the neighbours hear :) and then when you bring your little bundle of joy home see which of them fits their personality best. (I think if we had of waited a bit longer to name Bailey we would have called him Terror or Rascal or something like that !)

Good luck with the search and enjoy your pup while she's little :) They grow up quick !

Shell                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version