Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

HELP!! My Pup's Barking Mad !

<< < (2/2)

Gilly:
Butty is a "barker" to, but hers definetly seems to be more territorial than play barking. She barks at ANYBODY who approaches or walks past our house  :?  She also barks when I come home from being out, so I suppose this is excitement  :)  The main problem I have is her barking in the back garden if I let her out at night it's especially worse. Even though i have an outside light which I switch on just before she goes out, she is still insistent on letting the whole neighbourhood and any other dogs..."here I am"  :roll:  Luckily she now comes back in on command and when I shout "enough" she runs back in  :wink:
Also my neighbour is a DJ  :shock:  and has been so busy the past month with Christmas etc that he hasn't been arriving home until way beyond 2.00am everynight, which means she barks her head off in the middle of the night when she hears his car pull up the drive :shock:  :?
I do try and curb the barking and say "enough" and it does work a bit but then she just starts all over again  :roll:
I have to be honest and say I have got used to it and it doesn't really bother me anymore..she is a free spirit and this is part of her personality and I don't want to curb it in anyway  :wink:  although if the barking was aimed at me and she was being "cheeky" i might be more inclined to look for a cure  :wink:  :)                    

Mary:
I don't have an answer to the problem but just find the subject of barking quite interesting.

Lottie is the complete opposite, she rarely barks.  She barks for food( :roll: ) and will play bark at the hoover etc. but if she goes down the garden she'll hardly ever bark.  Infact on the odd occasion that she has barked down there we all find it very amusing and stand watching her from the window :D Her bark then is never full blown, it's a sort of 'unsure bark' and she usually stands still and then may sit and bark intermitently :? I'm not complaining though as my neighbours always compliment me on her invisible behaviour :wink:                    

Anita:
Its funny about the barking. I've never managed to teach Phoebe to bark on command but she's not a barky dog at all.

Even when she's out and other dogs in the neighbourhood start (and some never seem to stop) she doesn't join in. She doesn't even seem to listen to them :roll:                    

*Jay*:

--- Quote ---Its funny about the barking. I've never managed to teach Phoebe to bark on command but she's not a barky dog at all.

Even when she's out and other dogs in the neighbourhood start (and some never seem to stop) she doesn't join in. She doesn't even seem to listen to them

--- End quote ---

Vegas used to be just like Phoebe but since Dallas joined us he has started barking :roll:  Its still at an acceptable level though and only when he is startled by a door slamming or something. But I can live with that :wink:                    

cbabe:
Fern does as she is told but likes to have the last word...... WOOF...FERN!....WOOF......FERN!.......WOO.....I'm warning you!.....WO.....In your bed!...(walks away casually towards bed)...W!

I seeth!                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version