Off Topic > Photography

Action Camera

(1/4) > >>

Jeanette:
Hi

I need to get a new camera which can keep up with Indie.   I thought I had a decent camera but it does not take the photos quick enough, by the time I've pressed the button with a 3 second delay, shes out of the photo.   Can anyone recommend a good action shot camera which takes photos quickly and clearly.   Thanks. :D

Nicola:
If you want a compact camera then something from the Canon Ixus or Powershot ranges would be a good bet for you. You basically want one with a short shutter lag time and a degree of manual control so you can set the shutter speed to capture action shots, if you get a copy of Which? Digital Camera magazine or similar they have a big review section at the back which has feature lists of cameras so you can compare them.

Robbie34:
The Canon Power Shot S5 IS  meets your needs.  Review here: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/canon_s5is.html

The cheapest I have seen it is here: http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product1.asp?productid=3010

Nuffi:
I am also just looking around for a good camera that would take both (and nice) portrait and action shots of Jerry. So difficult. I have read a lot about the Canon S5 S1 (which apparently also shoots good videos) but on some forum I found a comment of someone complaining about not being able to take non-blurry pictures of moving objects with it  :huh:

Does anyone actually have this camera? Robbie??

Otherwise, the Canon Rebel xt (D350) or xti seems to be the way to go, but, especially with a good lense, it is sooo much more expensive!

Robbie34:
I have ordered one for myself today.  It has been sent out by Camerabox and I hope to have it tomorrow.  There is another member of COL who posted that she had one of these.

I have a Canon EOS 350, which is a nice camera, but I want something I can shoot with and not have to change lenses when I'm out walking.

There is something wrong with their use of the camera if the pictures are blurred.  Check the review of this on the link I have posted above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version