Author Topic: Kennel Name Registration Fee  (Read 1350 times)

Offline dkirkuk

Kennel Name Registration Fee
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »
Am I correct in saying that the Kennel Club has increased the price of registering your own kennel name.

I first started looking into this last summer and had intended to register by autum. I'm sure it was going to cost about £35. Unfortunately indecision re. names took over so I never registered a kennel name.

I thought I'd get on and register and just looked on the KC website. It now seems to be £70.

I am sure the price has gone up significantly. Does anyone know? It does seem quite steep now >:(. Wish I'd just gotten on with it last year and not procrastinated so much!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Kennel Name Registration Fee
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »
I have no idea how much it was, but yes it is now 70.00 to register your name plus 20.00 a year to keep it ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »
It was £70 when we registered Olivesong last April  ;)  plus the fees to transfer the dogs into the same names as the affix.

Our Affix is in mine, OH and DD name so we had to re-register the dogs that we were adding the kennel name to to bring in line.  EG Heidi was in my OH name, so we had to change of ownership, change of name AND register the Affix..  Was too costly to do all of them.  :o

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:27:44 PM »
It's always been quite expensive to register your own affix/kennel name - it's been £70 for a few years now (since 2002 at least).
Jane

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:53:34 PM »
Thanks all. I must have misread it last year - was probably seeing what I wanted to see and not what was actually written.
Makes me feel marginally better that my procrastinating hasn't cost me after all!