Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Barking

(1/4) > >>

Jen:
Ok I know I'm having a blonde moment ::) - but can anyone tell me when Monty will learn how to bark? He's 5 months old - we've heard him growl, yelp, cry and even howl....but no bark.........is this normal?...I'm just curious...... :-                    

Mary:
I personally don't know how unusual this is but I can tell you that one of my sisters spaniels has only ever barked once and she is now 6 years old.  And that was literally ONE bark! :o  The other dog makes up for it though ;D                    

Jane S:
Some Cockers are quicker to bark than others & some never bark much at all. Make the most of it Jen - in a few months time, you could be posting to ask how to shut Monty up  ;D ;D                    

jan.c:
There is not alot of difference in ages between , Monty and Solly,and Solly hardly ever barks, we get the occasional woof when he is tormenting the cats and that is all, he never barks when anyone knocks on the door and nearly licked the postman to death this morning, the postie thinks hes just sooo cute, Yes cute but deffinately NOT a guard dog :)                    

Jen:
Hi Jan - Have you got any updated pics of Solly? it's been a while.......how is he doing?                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version