Cocker Specific Discussion > Puppies

Barking

<< < (2/4) > >>

angelad:
Jen I am inclined to agree with Jane on this one, Cooper didn't bark for quite a while but now he has found his voice it is very hard to shut him up! >:( You should hear him when anyone comes to the door - he sounds like he's going to tear their limbs off, when he gets to them though its a different matter (well most of the time anyway)                    

Mike:
Daisy too, when somebody knocks at the door, or if she gets too excited during play, barks her little head off. As a pup she was very very quiet, and I had hoped it would stay that way! As Angela says, once they start, there's no going back!  ::)                    

Gilly:

--- Quote ---barks her little head off
--- End quote ---

Buttons is a bit of a barker too ::), only when you mention the word "biscuit" or "walkies", although I did here her do a muffled "woof" in the garden last night because it was dark...and scary ;D                    

Michele:
When I let my lot out for last wee wee's at night, if I leave the outside light off they generally all go out quietly, but if it is switched on then its the usual barking their heads off.
I think that its definitley something to do with not alerting 'predators', and their wolf instincts kicking in :o
Then again maybe I'm just off my rocker :- ;D                    

Shirley:
Morgan spends most evenings barking at the 'other' gold cocker who sits outside our patio door.  He doesn't really like the way this strange dog mocks him by copying everything he does!! ???
When he goes out he looks around in confusion wondering where the cheeky thing has disappeared to!  ;D
He comes back in and starts barking at his imaginary friend again.
Cockers, although intelligent enough to wrap us round their little paws, can actually be quite stupid at times.  :)

Shirley                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version