Author Topic: Which compact system camera?  (Read 4276 times)

Offline JulieM

Which compact system camera?
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »
Hi All,

We're planning on getting a compact system camera and are trying to work out what would be best.

We're looking for a really good quality one as we've had our old camera quite awhile so feel like treating ourselves.

Any thoughts/ experiences of ones to look into/ avoid would be much appreciated.

Thank you!  :D

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Which compact system camera?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »
This might help you :

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/top-10-best-mirrorless-compact-system-cameras-19376

I'd probably go with a Panasonic or Olympus as you have a wider choice of lenses (Olympus lenses can be used on Panasonic CS cameras and vice versa) but depends on your budget and also what you consider "must haves" eg whether you want/need a proper viewfinder, tilting LCD screen & all those bells and whistles :D I've just sold my Olympus Pen EPL3 as I didn't find it at all easy to hold (no hand grip) but that's a personal preference. I'm looking at getting the Sony NEX3NL but have to save up first :D
Jane

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
I have a panasonic - I had a small compact one (TZ3) - they are up to 10/12 in the numbering now, then I upgraded to a bulky one which is mid way between a compact and a SLR - again Panasonic (FZ10 - I think) - I really like it. I'm going to stick to panasonics in future :).
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline JulieM

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:45:05 PM »
Thanks both- I'll check these ones out  :D

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:00:19 PM »
I purchased a new camera on Saturday - its the Olympus Stylus SZ-15 which the man in the camera shop said had the fastest shutter speed for taking action shots!

16MP, 24 x Optical zoom - seems to be good clarity of photo although I've still not mastered catching a dog at full speed :005:

Uncle Sam from around 30ft

Pearl c4ft :005: [no red eye though]

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
I've just bought a Sony DSC-HX20V  £239 great little camera, I upgraded from my Sony DSC-HX9V, which was great, so was a little worried about buying the next model up, but I needn't have worried, it's even better than the 9.

I do like the Sony cameras