Cocker Specific Discussion > Rescue Cockers

Looking for a Rescue/Older dog

<< < (2/3) > >>

octopus:
Thank you - no I hadnt seen these 3. I have a 14 yr old girl ( I should have said that in my original post), and would ideally like an active older cocker, but Lopez sounds lovely.

Jaysmumagain:
You are welcome

Some know the circumstances I am in with Ollie and every day is so very precious.  In black moments I fear he will be my last doggie - my age etc, and his love and devotion to me is second to none, I hope you are able to eventually find a new addition to your family.

Julie

I have sent a message too

phoenix:
I think you may find there are more cockerpoos around than proper cockers. I know someone who was registered with every rescue, and suddenly last week was asked by Doodle Rescue if she would have a cockerpoo,  very spaniel looking apart from the curls.  He’s two  and was kept in a basement flat, shut in a crate for 10 hours a day .  I’m sure the breeder would have been mortified if they knew that their pricey puppy went to a home like this. Luckily he’s absolutely fine. 
Another person I know, recently acquired very young St Bernard from Dogs Trust,  with a minor health issue. No-one else wanted him for three months.
If you want a cocker,  just keep trying and nagging the kennels.  Keep your name on everyone ‘s list .  Good luck!

octopus:
Thanks for this. I have good news - I have just adopted a 5yr old cocker who is an absolute delight. I have also seen other older cockers since so if anyone else is looking to adopt an older go, dont give up hope.

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: octopus on June 21, 2021, 05:37:14 AM ---Thanks for this. I have good news - I have just adopted a 5yr old cocker who is an absolute delight. I have also seen other older cockers since so if anyone else is looking to adopt an older go, dont give up hope.

--- End quote ---

Congratulations on your new family member, hope he/she brings you delight for many years to come  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version