Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

So proud of 10 month old

(1/2) > >>

cazza:
Well Ash is now 10 months old and I couldn’t believe it this week what happened

Our morning walk in the week is just a 2 min drive and Ash is off lead for it, unless there is a car coming down the farm track

So I gave her the release cue that she could get out the car and go - I closed the car and started to follow after her

Arrrgghh she headed into the field towards 2 deer  :o :o the deer stood still and she stopped and looked at them, I blew the recall whistle and Ash turned and ran straight back to me - she got well rewarded and put on the lead so the deer could run off which they did

I made a big fuss of Ash and then released her again  :luv:

Just had to share as I am so proud of my wee girl  :luv:

ejp:
Well done Ash, and well done you for a cool head!

Mudmagnets:
Well done to you, one very relieved mum, and clever pooch.  :clapping: :happydance:

phoenix:
Well done Ash!!  Brilliant for 10 months.
Whistle training works (as long as it’s not hanging up in the kitchen). 

bizzylizzy:
That‘s brilliant!! Well done both!!
I think the key is being that one step ahead and stepping in before they break into a run by which time they‘ve totally switched you off and its very hard to stop them. Unfortunately once they‘ve experienced the thrill of the chase it becomes a lot harder, but she‘s now already learning that resisting the urge to run has earned her lots of praise. That was a big step forward, she deserves a special supper this evening!! (you too!  ;) )
 :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version