Cocker Specific Discussion > Rescue Cockers

Can anyone help me?

(1/4) > >>

Anonymous:
Hi everyone.

I am devastated, :( I am going to have to re-home Charlie. We have had a few family problems over the past couple of years, things have now come to a head and I have to move house, I cant take him with me.

I need to find him a kind and loving home, I was going to advertise him but am scared about where he might go (theres only so much checking you can do!) I would love him to have a home with the kind of people that post on COL. I have noticed from Previous posts that Helen seems to have a lot of experience with this, perhaps she can help?

Any help or advice, or perhaps someone knows somebody who is looking to rehome an older dog (he is 22 months old, blue roan), would be much appreciated.

Nicky xx

p.s. I am in Bradford, West Yorks.                    

Gilly:
Awwwww Nicky that is such a shame.
I can tell you I am very tempted but I'm not sure if Buttons is old enough (8 months) and obviously the boy & girl issue maybe a problem?? Has he been raised with children and what is he like with other dogs etc??
I really WISH I could take him for you :'(

Gilly xx                    

Anonymous:
Hi Gilly

I wish you could take him too!!

I have two children aged 5 and 2, he's been raised with them and I trust him completely. He loves other dogs (typical cocker really), he always wants to say hello if we meet other dogs, although doesnt always get the reaction he would like!!)

Nicky XX                    

Mary:
That's really sad Nicky but I'm sure you'll find a good home for him.

Gilly....I don't think 8 months is too young, think it's just about right (may be told different by 'all ye experienced ones' ;D).  Then again like you say Gilly, unless you get one done you may have problems ;)

Hope someone can help here ;)                    

Mike:
Nicky, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you're okay.

I have a feeling you might get a few IMs from members who could be interested - I'm pretty sure you wont find it too hard to find suitable loving family ready to take on such a nice boy who you've spent so much time and care training and rearing. He sounds very loving and sociable. Have you tried also contacting the breeder who Charlie came from, who might be able to help?

Please let us know how you get on. We all appreciate exactly how difficult this must be for you.                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version