Off Topic > Photography

Novice help required

<< < (2/3) > >>

vixen:
I used to have a bridge camera before getting my DSLR. They are great as they are light in weight, versatile and you always have the right lens for the job  ;) :005:
My daughter has now 'claimed' my bridge camera and I do envy her not having to change lens or having the weight and bulk that I have to carry.

Sharon:
I've just bought a fab little Sony DSC-HX50, I'm a bit of a Sony fan anyway and this one is great, had the HX40 previously and the HX20, but this one is the best so far, first time I picked it up I took a picture of a wood pigeon sat on the fence, just point and shoot, which came out great.  Georgie my 5 month old cocker, well the pigeon flew from the fence and landed about 3' in front of her, I've never seen a GUNDOG move so fast, mind you he was big enough to make a pie out of  :005:

[/URL]

Moorso:
Hi

Just reading this post and thought I'd throw my 2p in.

Up until recently, I would have said that a bridge camera would be the best bet. However, even phones now (Samsung Galaxy SIII and SIIII as well as iPhone5) have 'burst mode' in their settings.....this essentially takes up to 20 pictures over the course of, say, 2 seconds. It has the same effect as more expensive cameras. I have used it at Northern Ireland motorbike road races (and those guys are approaching you at 200mph!).

Alternatively, even changing the ISO settings on most digital cameras will improve the pictures....this essentially controls the shutter speed. So an ISO setting that his high (800 and above) is a faster shutter speed. ISO settings below that (and at 100) are slow shutter speeds.

Hope this has helped!  :lol2:

JeffD:
I picked up an immaculate Cannon 400d EOS digital SLR with standard and telephoto lens and lots of other attachment of Gumtree for £200, fantastic camera at that price, there are a good few on ebay

Sasha B:
Thanks every one still looking. I guess it's taking so long as I purchased my OH an Olympus Pen just about 18 months ago a good quality camera but not great at action shots, or is it me who is not great so I'm a bit hesitant to jump.

Did think about looking at the new phones and then my vet put his tupence in. If only you could take them on trial.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version