Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

UPDATE ON CHARLIE Nervously waiting for urine results.

(1/3) > >>

Suzyrus:
Charlie my 11 year old year cocker a week ago started drinking more water than normal and needing to go out for a wee more regular. He’s always been able to hold a wee for hours. Especially if it’s raining, he would never step foot outside. Then 4 days ago he started needing to go out during the night. Then coming in and drinking a whole bowl of water. However in himself he’s absolutely fine. Going on his walks. Still being his usual naughty self in the evenings.
Still we knew something wasn’t right so took him to the vets yesterday. Vet is concerned as his neck glands are very swollen. She wanted a urine test asap. We are now waiting nervously for the results. I fear the worse. But also reassured that Charlie is in no pain and happy in himself. Has anyone else experienced this with their cockers please 😁

ejp:
Hello, Daisy has had a couple of urine infections and they have been tricky to shift.  Not had any issues with swollen glands though.  I have no knowledge of that.  Waiting on test results is very difficult, and you will, naturally, be very worried.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  Please let us know how he gets on. 

Mudmagnets:
No experience of this thankfully, but it must be a very nervy time waiting.

Sending you some  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: hoping they help.  Keep us posted.

PennyB:
Its awful having to wait for loads of stuff - hopefully its just a simple urine infection

Suzyrus:
Update On Charlie.
His urine sample came back clear. Vets now want to do blood tests. The difficult decision is tho is that the vet wants us to take him in 8.30am. Hand him over in the car park. And then they will phone us sometime in the afternoon to collect him. Charlie will hate this. It will totally stress him out. He also needs to drink every hour and he’s weeing every few hours. He’s still going for his 2 walks a day and he’s happy in himself although yesterday he struggled to eat his dry food. This morning he’s just had some scrambled egg. In my heart I know we are losing him. I just want him to be happy. I can’t bear to think of him in the vets on his own. But then a small part of part thinks what if there is some pill that can make him better. We are going to speak to the vet again this morning and ask if we could just bring him in, have the blood test then take him straight home x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version