Author Topic: Intro and Advice  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Raxi

• Donator
Intro and Advice
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »
Hi, I have just joined so thought I would jump in with an introduction ....

I have had a couple of regular dogs but now on my third worker. I am a relative newbie to the shooting world and have done GD training  for a year with a lovely local lady. It just seems pretty hard to train without being able to work, beat, pick up and get it all into practice.. and Im wondering the best way to get introduced.  I am based in West Sussex. We've done one very informal shoot before Lockdown 2 stopped play. 

Looking forward to chatting with you, making new friends and learning.

Raxi x

Offline ips

Re: Intro and Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:01:11 PM »
Welcome and thank you for the opening introduction 👍
Shouldn't be to hard to find a shoot to go beating on, it certainly isn't oop north 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 07:47:36 PM »
We beat with our Gemma and  love it. The trouble is getting on your first shoot and your feet and paws under the table. There is a Facebook page called Jobs for beaters and pickers. I suggest you get on there and put what you are looking for in what area. Would be surprised if you didn't get a response. In the meantime you can put the training into practice on every day walks or even in the house with finding and retrieves. Good luck.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ips

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 08:54:01 PM »
Yep what min says..FB group beaters and picker ups or jobs for beaters and picker ups plus there is probably a Field sport group specific for your area.....from my experience many shoots are short of beaters especially mid week if you can do mid week that is....good luck, a day beating is the best day you can have with a working dog 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.