Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Incontinence pads

(1/3) > >>

vixen:
Has anyone a recommendation for incontinence pads?  Are the fabric type better or will a disposable nappy for a baby work?
Stevie 13 and a half has started to leak a little whilst she is asleep.
When she is awake, she is still able to tell us when she needs to go out but often it is a little damp underneath where she has been sleeping.
Hope someone can help.

Mari:
I use one of those waterproof sheets/mattress protectors for baby cribs. It's washable and much easier to throw in the wash than the entire dog bed. Laurië got some meds to help with the incontinence, but she still has the occasional accident at night.

Emilyoliver:
This lady used to be on COL - http://www.jacobsden.co.uk/#

She designed the blankets for what you describe. She has a fb page as well.

vixen:
Thank you for that.  I am happy to wash Stevie’s bedding which dries very quickly but she does move around a lot and often falls asleep on the rug and on the floor. She  spins around a lot before settling so we have had to take her raised bed away as she was falling out of it. I was thinking of the pads that she would actually wear so that wherever she falls, the leak would be contained.
I have seen that some people use a disposable nappy with a hole cut out for the tail but I think these terribly wasteful and was thinking more of the fabric ones that you can wash.

Mari:
I was considering doggie diapers too, didn't end up getting any because the meds actually helped, phew! I considered the cloth ones too, or even just pants for bitches in heat that you can put pads in. Never got as far as to test it out so hopefully, someone else can advise you. But I did try a human baby nappy with a hole for the tail, and it kept sliding down every time she walked three steps. Could be just that brand/design/size that didn't work out, but I gave up on it pretty quickly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version